• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was pure chance that the car McCormick hit at 5 am contained the the two young kids. A sober reminder of the extreme consequences when you take the risk of drink driving, if you'll excuse the pun.

As others have said, he has to live with this for the rest of his natural, reminders will be everywhere, that in itself must be hell. I hope he is donating a chunk of his salary to good causes, and I hope he's fully involved in DD awareness campaigns as he once promised he would do. One small consolation for his parents is that if even only a few football fans around the country think of LM when they're weighing up having 'one for the road', then some actual good will come of this tragedy, and the lads won't have died in vain. Let's hope so.

mustangspeed2006

IF we ever sunk that low to even think about signing this POS then my ST would returned asap.
Hmm, the problem is that we actually have had drink drivers on our books in the past. Most recently, I remember Richard Duffy getting a DUI back in 2011 when he was at the club. I'm not defending LM, but you could argue that he was just as irresponsible as LM for getting into a car after a few drinks.

The club stood by Duffy at the time and many on here seemed happy to sweep it under the carpet, given that he was one of our best players.

arthur

What’s that got to do with the price of fish?
The killing of children

Antony Moxey

Yes. And? If you want to say something then say it.

manc grecian

Hmm, the problem is that we actually have had drink drivers on our books in the past. Most recently, I remember Richard Duffy getting a DUI back in 2011 when he was at the club. I'm not defending LM, but you could argue that he was just as irresponsible as LM for getting into a car after a few drinks.

The club stood by Duffy at the time and many on here seemed happy to sweep it under the carpet, given that he was one of our best players.
Yep. Sure he's been applauded when he returned with other clubs.

Red Bill

It was pure chance that the car McCormick hit at 5 am contained the the two young kids. A sober reminder of the extreme consequences when you take the risk of drink driving, if you'll excuse the pun.

As others have said, he has to live with this for the rest of his natural, reminders will be everywhere, that in itself must be hell. I hope he is donating a chunk of his salary to good causes, and I hope he's fully involved in DD awareness campaigns as he once promised he would do. One small consolation for his parents is that if even only a few football fans around the country think of LM when they're weighing up having 'one for the road', then some actual good will come of this tragedy, and the lads won't have died in vain. Let's hope so.
At last a bit of reason!

I don'the condone drinking and driving and never do myself now, but I did when I was young, stupid, and reckless enough to think it was just something to have a laugh about the next day. Although there will be people who've never driven after too many drinks, i don't believe there aren't plenty of peopen abusing him from the stands yesterday who haven't at leat once got behind the wheel when they shouldn't have. All of us who have are guilty of exactly the same crime as McCormick, we'very just been lucky it didn’t have the same catastrophic consequences.

McCormick will be tormented by this his whole life, nowhere near the torment the children's family will, but I doubt it's ever far from his mind what his terrible decision to drive that night resulted in. What I find really disgusting is how easily people are prepared to use that poor family's grief as a stick to wind up an opposition footballer. I expect it from the usual purple faced, hypocritical, Mr Angry bigots, but it's sad when so many are prepared to trivialise such a tragedy in this way. I wonder how many even know the poor family's name?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
He knew he shouldn't have been driving even if he wasn't drinking the night before ..... Remember he didn't even have insurance to be driving !

And RB if you thought drink driving was something to laugh about the next morning even in your younger days then im so glad none of my family members decided to cross the road in front of you or be in a car on the same stretch of road.

Had a mate of 20+ years stood in the pub next to me saying how he was going to lose his job and probably his house because he been caught driving with excess alcohol in his system (3 times the limit) 2 days before , my reaction ? Tough $hit he knew what he would lose if caught and all because he drove less than a mile to get a takeaway after being on the pi$$.

elginCity

He knew he shouldn't have been driving even if he wasn't drinking the night before ..... Remember he didn't even have insurance to be driving ! .
That particular charge was dropped.

manc grecian

He knew he shouldn't have been driving even if he wasn't drinking the night before ..... Remember he didn't even have insurance to be driving !

And RB if you thought drink driving was something to laugh about the next morning even in your younger days then im so glad none of my family members decided to cross the road in front of you or be in a car on the same stretch of road.

Had a mate of 20+ years stood in the pub next to me saying how he was going to lose his job and probably his house because he been caught driving with excess alcohol in his system (3 times the limit) 2 days before , my reaction ? Tough $hit he knew what he would lose if caught and all because he drove less than a mile to get a takeaway after being on the pi$$.
Did you boycott City when Richard Duffy was playing?

arthur

Yes. And? If you want to say something then say it.
Your use of the term "child killer" in a pejorative sense is ironic given that you once said you would be prepared to hang two ten year old children. That's all. Sorry to have to explain it to you

Last edited: