• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
History suggests the answer is pretty clear. Footballers who have done terrible things are never forgiven ...

... until he signs for your club.
Was what I was originally replying to ......

Did you boycott City when Richard Duffy was playing?
Duffy was already with us when he was caught ! And tbh I didn't boycott the games , that doesn't mean I had to like what he did and he didn't actually kill anyone.

That particular charge was dropped.
Wasn't the reason it was dropped was because that lot the road stumped up and said it was being used on their company insurance policy ? Although quite how attending a wedding of a mate comes under part of training I don't know.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Your use of the term "child killer" in a pejorative sense is ironic given that you once said you would be prepared to hang two ten year old children. That's all. Sorry to have to explain it to you
You still haven’t explained anything. McCormick IS a child killer - he killed two children and was convicted in a court of law for it. How that has anything to do with the two who tortured and murdered Jamie Bulger is something you’ll definitely need to try and explain.

arthur

You still haven’t explained anything. McCormick IS a child killer - he killed two children and was convicted in a court of law for it. How that has anything to do with the two who tortured and murdered Jamie Bulger is something you’ll definitely need to try and explain.
OK I'll try to explain one last time. There are a number of ways children can be killed so there are a number of ways of becoming a "child killer". One of these is by driving while drunk and causing a fatal road collision; another is by hanging children by the neck until dead. You appear to disapprove of the former while volunteering to carry out the latter. Is that clear now?

Antony Moxey

OK I'll try to explain one last time. There are a number of ways children can be killed so there are a number of ways of becoming a "child killer". One of these is by driving while drunk and causing a fatal road collision; another is by hanging children by the neck until dead. You appear to disapprove of the former while volunteering to carry out the latter. Is that clear now?
So? I still don’t get the point you are trying to make - are you trying to equate innocent children being killed by a drunk driver to the possible capital punishment of two children who tortured and murdered a toddler? You really think it’s all the same thing?

arthur

So? I still don’t get the point you are trying to make - are you trying to equate innocent children being killed by a drunk driver to the possible capital punishment of two children who tortured and murdered a toddler? You really think it’s all the same thing?
They both involve killing children which is something I don't approve of in any circumstances.

Antony Moxey

Riiiiiiight. An entirely simplistic view of two situations about as different to each other as could be. Unbelievable that you could think the two comparable.

elginCity

Riiiiiiight. An entirely simplistic view of two situations about as different to each other as could be. Unbelievable that you could think the two comparable.
Ian Huntley IS a child killer.

arthur

Unbelievable that you think that the killing of any child for whatever reason could ever be acceptable.

Antony Moxey

Is it really? You genuinely think for someone who tortures and murders a toddler, knowing and understanding fully what they were doing, over a period of hours, that someone could advocate capital punishment for that crime is unbelievable? Why does it matter that the perpetrators were children?

arthur

Is it really? You genuinely think for someone who tortures and murders a toddler, knowing and understanding fully what they were doing, over a period of hours, that someone could advocate capital punishment for that crime is unbelievable? Why does it matter that the perpetrators were children?
Luke McCormick killed two children by accident and will feel guilt and remorse for the rest of his life. You were prepared to kill two children on purpose, and be proud of what you did. In the "deeply unpleasant human being" stakes you beat McCormick hands down. I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Last edited: