• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

ExeterCityLad

Nobody is ever killed at 34mph are they? What about 40 mph, 45 . . .- what's your limit? If you were a grieving relative it would all be the same. The point is those chants help nobody and they are hypocrisy, if we all took a bit more care driving lives would be saved
I have never killed 2 kids, so how dare you call me a hypocrite for calling someone who has killed 2 innocent kids a child killer. Your point is f****** stupid and makes no sense whatsoever. Driving at 34 in a 30 and not killing anyone is not even remotely comparable to driving so ****ed up and losing control of your vehicle killing 2 innocent kids.

The only logical reason you are trying to defend this scum bag is because you're a convicted drink driver, and you're trying to convince yourself it's as acceptable as running a red light at 4am when nobody else is on the road, or doing 34 in a 30.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The majority of those abusing LM from the Big Bank are not doing so out of a form of morality, or to seek some kind of guerrilla justice for the kids or their parents. They're doing it to goad an opposition player and score 'banter' points against a rival team. If you agree that the abuse directed at LM was far greater because he played for Argyle than it would have been if he'd only played for Morecambe, it proves that the 'justice' argument is bull****.

Using this awful incident, in which LM was the guilty party, in this way is a pathetic, ugly and only serves to cheapen the incident and dishonour the memory of those poor kids.

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

As somebody who has lost a family member to a drink driver, the chanting makes me feel both sad and angry.

Leave the family to their grief. Do not insult or use the memory of their children to make some cheap, nasty point at a football match. Do not pretend you are doing it for anybody but yourself.

As has already been posted - I hope all those that chant actually follow the rules of the road themselves (the difference between McCormick and Duffy is only that Duffy was fortunate). If the experience of Luke McCormick leads to others behaving better on the roads themselves then that is one tiny ounce of positivity to take from the whole thing.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
As somebody who has lost a family member to a drink driver, the chanting makes me feel both sad and angry.

Leave the family to their grief. Do not insult or use the memory of their children to make some cheap, nasty point at a football match. Do not pretend you are doing it for anybody but yourself.

As has already been posted - I hope all those that chant actually follow the rules of the road themselves (the difference between McCormick and Duffy is only that Duffy was fortunate). If the experience of Luke McCormick leads to others behaving better on the roads themselves then that is one tiny ounce of positivity to take from the whole thing.
Same here mate. Lost my Aunty to a drink driver 9 years ago. The thought of a crowd abusing that driver from a football terrace, enjoying the abuse and excusing it with fag-packet morality sickens me.

PS Sorry for your loss

Last edited:

ExeterCityLad

Same here mate. Lost my Aunty to a drink driver 9 years ago. The thought of a crowd abusing that driver from a football terrace, enjoying the abuse and excusing it with fag-packet morality sickens me.

PS Sorry for your loss
Your loss doesn't mean you can speak on behalf of others. Everyone deals with it differently. If you don't like it, don't sing. I'll continue to sing and abuse him. I'm sure your feelings would be incredibly different if your aunts killer was on the news and football highlights every single week.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your loss doesn't mean you can speak on behalf of others. Everyone deals with it differently. If you don't like it, don't sing. I'll continue to sing and abuse him. I'm sure your feelings would be incredibly different if your aunts killer was on the news and football highlights every single week.
I'm not speaking for others, I am giving a personal opinion based on a relevant personal experience.

I'm sure your feelings would be incredibly different if your aunts killer was on the news and football highlights every single week.
Don't speak on behalf of others.

exehausted2

I have never killed 2 kids, so how dare you call me a hypocrite for calling someone who has killed 2 innocent kids a child killer. Your point is f****** stupid and makes no sense whatsoever. Driving at 34 in a 30 and not killing anyone is not even remotely comparable to driving so ****ed up and losing control of your vehicle killing 2 innocent kids.

The only logical reason you are trying to defend this scum bag is because you're a convicted drink driver, and you're trying to convince yourself it's as acceptable as running a red light at 4am when nobody else is on the road, or doing 34 in a 30.
Sorry, I can't see where I am trying to defend anybody, this thread is about how we behave as City supporters. Andrew P. on the first page of this thread says how I feel about it. Whether it is an action like McCormick's or the 4am red light you are responsible for the consequences. It's only the odds on the different outcomes that are different. By the way you have concluded that I am a "convicted drink driver" based on three sentences on Exeweb and you reckon that is "logical" - libellous possibly!

ExeterCityLad

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

Thanks BB. Very sorry for your loss too. I'm also sorry for the rather heartless and inhumane response from ExeterCityLad.

I can only speak for myself but my feelings really would be no different if the killer played football or did anything else in the public eye. The hurt or pain doesn't go away or get forgotten regardless of where they are or what they are doing.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can only speak for myself but my feelings really would be no different if the killer played football or did anything else in the public eye. The hurt or pain doesn't go away or get forgotten regardless of where they are or what they are doing.
Same here.

People posting videos of the 'murderer' chants on Facebook/Twitter only raises LM's profile, even though those doing the abusing claim that it's his profile they have a problem with...