• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Charlton Athletic Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it is 6 home league matches for Gary despite the Barnsley postponement.
Peterborough, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, FGR and Charlton.
And there's the main reason for it. I don't think if you asked any City to predict the final league table that any of those five would be predicted to finish below us. We beat Peterborough. Ipswich are universally agreed as the best team we've seen at the Park so far this season. Wednesday are now top after we spent all afternoon telling them that their best keeper was on the bench and they needed a very, very late goal to nick, yeah nick, a point from us which left us feeling disappointed. Pompey was a battle of attrition that a point was a fair result. Yesterday's performance wasn't near as bad a performance as some are making out but if you make mistakes you get punished. The most disappointing result from those six games was only getting a point against the Village.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Ex-ciderrr

I'm of the same mindset, although unlikely it's still a possible scenario. Need to win the games coming up against some weaker oppo.
very much in this boat too. im still excited for the remainder of the season, just taking it game by game and see where we are going to finish, im not worried and feel somewhat relaxed we arent going to win every game i know and there will be a few bumps on the ride too but here we are! Roll on Burton tricky game instore but im sure the group, after a weeks training will be keen to amend yesterdays result in a positive manner at the pirelli or whatever its called!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Word about the ref. He wasn't great, they never are, but it was good to see him clamp down on the inevitable time wasting and making their subbed players leave the pitch at the nearest point. Also booked the bloke for his goal celebration. I found it a refreshing change to the norm.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Word about the ref. He wasn't great, they never are, but it was good to see him clamp down on the inevitable time wasting and making their subbed players leave the pitch at the nearest point. Also booked the bloke for his goal celebration. I found it a refreshing change to the norm.
Didn't add on anytime for it though annoyingly.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Laughed when lino stuck his flag up and let it go so that it made a lazy arc onto the pitch.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was just bizzare. That rule was bought in to stop enticing crowd violence. As far as I could tell the shirt was raised in support of somebody for whatever reason. As for the time wasting, he didn't do enough. I lost count of the amount of times he 'had a word' with their keeper, yet the keeper still continued to expand time for as long he could. Book him. It sends out out a message and it stops, end of.

Martin Weiler

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Exehausted

I think booking a player for taking his shirt off is a nonsense frankly. As long as there is nothing provocative on the under layer what's the problem? The thing that scares me is when a player runs to the fans after a goal and gets mobbed. It encourages fans to go flying forward to the barrier and I'm surprised that no one seems to get hurt. Then at the end the players are clearly told not to get closer to the Big Bank than the edge of the penalty area. Bizarre!