• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

THE PROPERTY FUND

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given that you apparently didn't know that "Taggy likes owning a property" why is it irrelevant ?
OTR is something completely different and has been discussed on these boards on many occasions.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh, I didn't know.
My case rests Isca - Given that you apparently didn't know that "Taggy likes owning a property" why is it irrelevant ?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I quite like the idea, but up the properties around the ground bit by bit and rent them out (city may as well make the money rather than a private landlord) and then when the time comes, take a bulldozer to them, turn the pitch 90degrees and build a 30k seater (plus big bank).

iscalad

My case rests Isca - Given that you apparently didn't know that "Taggy likes owning a property" why is it irrelevant ?
I've explained why.
Also where did you get "likes from? Did he tell you this or is it just your assumption?

Mid Devon Grecian

I quite like the idea, but up the properties around the ground bit by bit and rent them out (city may as well make the money rather than a private landlord) and then when the time comes, take a bulldozer to them, turn the pitch 90degrees and build a 30k seater (plus big bank).
That bit, from a strategic point of view makes sense.

The overall aim of the OP though is:-

“The objective here would then be to build the biggest property portfolio in Exeter and the biggest property portfolio in the Football League”

Grecian Max

I've explained why.
Also where did you get "likes from? Did he tell you this or is it just your assumption?
Taggy has literally said he made a load of money from property in interviews, which allowed him to put more time into the club which is ultimately why he’s been here for so long

It’s a well known, long running bit of City knowledge that I’m really surprised you don’t know… one Google and it’s on Grecian Archive 😂

IMG_6250.png

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

I've explained why.
Have a look at the ECFC 2022-2023 accounts Isca, you will itemised the amount paid to JT for providing the accommodation for our loan players.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does seem to share Taggy’s business model though.

Great way to alienate your fans in their 20’s and 30’s who see no prospect of becoming property owners yet the club they support are buying it up in their City like there’s no tomorrow.

New slogan “We don’t own our homes but apparently we own our football club”
'Our football club owns my house'

Fareham Grecian

I'm really disappointed at a lack of a positive response to these ideas. If the Trust model is to survive everyone knows that it has to generate off field income to take it to a higher level. Who is generating any alternative ideas or are you all content to sit on here and criticize any idea that does come up?
Property development is a sure fire method of generating large amounts of money. It's been very good to me and brought me in a large seven figure sum......at least I'm happy!!
That’s odd, cos you don’t sound happy - you sound chippy and upset that people are not falling at your feet to praise your latest harebrained scheme.

Speaking personally, I would be strongly against my trust subs being used for any type of speculative ‘investment’ unrelated to football. And that is leaving aside the moral dimension that landlordism is one of the curses of the 21st century and that a community club should be nowhere near it.

Boyo

In the early days of the Trust the bland statement “we own our football club” seemed to have little meaning.
I mean if you wish to rub everyone up the wrong way with your first sentence, then that's quite a way to do it.

As for the concept of running a property flipping business with a bunch of volunteers, then that's up there with your steak and chip restaurant behind the Big Bank idea, that was going to generate hundreds of thousands each year.