• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

dontpassback

You have to ask what the motive is for the takeover,you would like to think its football but as on many occasions before football seems to come second to other motives.i hope TUFC survive in the conference this season but wether the new buyers have the club at heart,only time will tell!

uncle buck

You have to ask what the motive is for the takeover,you would like to think its football but as on many occasions before football seems to come second to other motives.i hope TUFC survive in the conference this season but wether the new buyers have the club at heart,only time will tell!
Good luck to them I say why everyone is so suspicious of takeovers is beyond me

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
For a start perhaps you should ask the steelworkers at Redcar, Scunthorpe, Port Talbot etc???

uncle buck

For a start perhaps you should ask the steelworkers at Redcar, Scunthorpe, Port Talbot etc???
Totally different nothing to do with football

Terryhall

if the aim of the takeover is to strip away all the assets, sell them for a profit and then disappear, then I'd say a bit of prudence isn't such a bad thing? The only way to know is to ask the question.

eurogrecian

Totally different nothing to do with football
You're right. It's about money. No connection (ho! ho!)

uncle buck

if the aim of the takeover is to strip away all the assets, sell them for a profit and then disappear, then I'd say a bit of prudence isn't such a bad thing? The only way to know is to ask the question.
In fairness if it's about asset stripping I think they would take over a club with assets worth stripping

uncle buck

You're right. It's about money. No connection (ho! ho!)
Football is a unique business totally different model altogether

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Pobbop