• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe they’re assessing his ability to continue playing, given that last season was his first after a long time out. I include TC in that too, maybe he is having a think about whether he can continue for another season or two. Dunno, but I’d like to see him back (even though his sideways and backward passes boil my **** occasionally) so if it takes a while, so be it.

Red Devon

If the player wanted to re-sign surely he would have done so b4 pre season training started?

As he hasn’t to date one would have to assume he’s looking for a better/more convenient opportunity elsewhere.
Current contracts don’t run out until June 30 maybe it’ll be make your mind up time this week

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
The longer it goes on the less bothered I am If he signs or not. He'll be no big miss if he doesn't.

Boyo

If the player wanted to re-sign surely he would have done so b4 pre season training started?

As he hasn’t to date one would have to assume he’s looking for a better/more convenient opportunity elsewhere.
If he definitely wasn’t going to sign, then GC would likely have said so.

It seems perfectly reasonable that Carroll has said he would like to re-sign but has to wait to see what, if any other offers he gets, so he can make the best decision for his family.

If GC thinks he’s the best we can get and is good value, then waiting for that decision also seems reasonable. That’s not to say we’re not looking at other options nor seeking alternatives elsewhere.

rifraf

Wanted him to sign, but not now. I understand his predicament, but he's basically putting the Club second now.

Good luck to him. Move on.

andrew p long

Current contracts don’t run out until June 30 maybe it’ll be make your mind up time this week
Its a strange one, because it most walks of life if you were still being paid/under contract (as TC still is) then you'd to have to turn up for work.

It's obvious Carroll is still looking for/hoping for a better alternative that would allow him to play as much as he does at ECFC and get home every evening to see his children and wife/partner.

Just as he is looking for alternatives ECFC/GC will be too. The offer to TC stays on the table until we find a better replacement and/or his continued absence from training jeopardises his match fitness for the start of the season.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its a strange one, because it most walks of life if you were still being paid/under contract (as TC still is) then you'd to have to turn up for work.

It's obvious Carroll is still looking for/hoping for a better alternative that would allow him to play as much as he does at ECFC and get home every evening to see his children and wife/partner.

Just as he is looking for alternatives ECFC/GC will be too. The offer to TC stays on the table until we find a better replacement and/or his continued absence from training jeopardises his match fitness for the start of the season.
Are we sure he's absent? If so, are we sure he's not been given leave? Strikes me as likely it's all with GC's blessing.

Spoonz Red E

Are we sure he's absent? If so, are we sure he's not been given leave? Strikes me as likely it's all with GC's blessing.
This.

Whatever he is doing, and whenever he is deciding, it is within parameters allowed by the Club or there would be no talk of ongoing discussions.

Antony Moxey

Wanted him to sign, but not now. I understand his predicament, but he's basically putting the Club second now.

Good luck to him. Move on.
Bizarre thing to say. Fancy putting your family before your job, never known anything like it :rolleyes:

rifraf

Bizarre thing to say. Fancy putting your family before your job, never known anything like it :rolleyes:

It's a matter of loyalty. But I admit I am old fashioned in some things.

Yes, his family must come first and it is in this instance. We'll done. And we're being loyal and (too?) lenient in allowing him time.

But there comes a time to man-up and make a decision. That time has an expiry date and is fast approaching...... and is already starting to smell 'off' sadly.

Last edited by a moderator: