• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2023

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exewebbers
Please find below email I have sent requesting that the 5 questions are posed at Agenda Item 12 Any Other Business.
As at 2345 16 Nov 23 I can only confirm that Trust Secretary has received email but no confirmation yet that they will be asked.
UTC

"Good Evening Dean
Given our poor run of form now acknowledged by the Board I would be grateful if the questions below could be answered by way of Agenda Item 12 Any Other Business on Saturday ?
Many Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

1. What went wrong during the transfer window that left us light in our forward options
2. Following GC's attendance at the Club Board meeting this week, what has gone wrong with our performances during the run of defeats
3. What immediate actions GC and the management team are taking to arrest the losing run and recover our season
4. What actions are in place with regard to the forthcoming January transfer window
5. What actions the Trust and Club Board are taking to support the management team in assisting the recovery of the season."
I think it is good practice to advise the TB in advance of questions for AOB as nobody likes being ambushed. I have emailed Nick Hawker and Dean to say I support your excellent questions and have added these of my own.
  • What is the minimum amount of cash that the Trust feels it should hold as a reserve to cover unforeseen emergencies ? I was not persuaded years ago that £30,000 (the figure given then) was adequate. Do current monies held permit the Trust to safely loan the Club money to strengthen the playing squad in January if suitable affordable targets can be identified and assuming the Club has insufficient monies of its own available ?
  • How far does the Trust/Club see the avoidance of relegation to League 2 this season as of paramount priority ?
  • There has been mention in the media of outside investment being discussed. Can the TB confirm that there has been no credible offer of investment worthy of putting to the Membership ? Could the TB briefly confirm to the Meeting the circumstances that would require proposed outside investment to be put to, fully explained, debated and voted on by the Membership as a whole ?

andrew p long

I agree with G-in-G and Alistair that it is far better/more productive/courteous to submit questions in writing in advance.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here is the response I would expect from the questions posed by Guzz:

1. What went wrong during the transfer window that left us light in our forward options?
Despite working hard to devise a list of potential attacking targets, we were unable to get all the deals we wanted, over the line.

2. Following GC's attendance at the Club Board meeting this week, what has gone wrong with our performances during the run of defeats
The Trust Board receives regular feedback from our representatives on the Club board who are routinely appraised by Gary Caldwell, on matters relating to the playing side and we are confident that appropriate action is being taken to try and improve our fortunes on the pitch.

3. What immediate actions GC and the management team are taking to arrest the losing run and recover our season
Please see our previous response.

4. What actions are in place with regard to the forthcoming January transfer window
The Trust Board is working with the Club Board to explore options to enhance the playing budget.

5. What actions the Trust and Club Board are taking to support the management team in assisting the recovery of the season.
Please see the recently published statement.

I would be surprised if the responses received, had much more detail than this for a variety of reasons.

AndrewP

Going to asume, as seen nothing to the contrary, that tomorrows AGM will not be streamed (which it could be on zoom with members emailed code) in the light of no match day?, makes it difficult for those of us a distance away to attend?.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

1. What went wrong during the transfer window that left us light in our forward options?
Despite working hard to devise a list of potential attacking targets, we were unable to get all the deals we wanted, over the line.

The Trust Board receives regular feedback from our representatives on the Club board who are routinely appraised by Gary Caldwell, on matters relating to the playing side and we are confident that appropriate action is being taken to try and improve our fortunes on the pitch.

The Trust Board is working with the Club Board to explore options to enhance the playing budget.

5. What actions the Trust and Club Board are taking to support the management team in assisting the recovery of the season.

I would be surprised if the responses received, had much more detail than this for a variety of reasons.
I think there's a lot to be said for a well-worded question which demands a yes or no answer. While all the above are entirely legitimate questions, it seems to me that, as Martin suggests, most, if not all, can be 'answered' quite easily without telling us anything we don't already know.

Alistair20000

I think there's a lot to be said for a well-worded question which demands a yes or no answer. While all the above are entirely legitimate questions, it seems to me that, as Martin suggests, most, if not all, can be 'answered' quite easily without telling us anything we don't already know.
Have you submitted any questions for AOB Eggster ?

Cygnus

I’m really surprised that the AGM hasn’t been made available to members by zoom. As I’m sure a lot who would have been there on a normal match day, particularly those not living locally would like to see the meeting live. Can the Trust board explain why this isn’t being done?

fred binneys head

They certainly won’t now 😉

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m really surprised that the AGM hasn’t been made available to members by zoom. As I’m sure a lot who would have been there on a normal match day, particularly those not living locally would like to see the meeting live. Can the Trust board explain why this isn’t being done?
They probably could... if you asked them rather than Exeweb.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Today's the day. Well done to those making the effort to attend.