• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tupi FC v Exeter City Official Match Day thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
What sort of level Tupi playing at? We talking a good L2 Side/Lower L1 side? Just wondering what to make of the result.
Apparently they lost 3-1 to the Fluminense 1st team not long ago so, while this ain't an exact science, that would seem a reasonable guesstimation!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently Coles ran round givign it the shhhhh gesture after he scored.

angelic upstart

Will be a great experience for our boys, playing in front of such vast crowds.
Yeah, because we never play in front of crowds of less than a thousand when we tour Cornwall.

angelic upstart

What sort of level Tupi playing at? We talking a good L2 Side/Lower L1 side? Just wondering what to make of the result.
I think it makes barely any difference who teams play during pre season, it's more about fitness and the potential tactics.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, because we never play in front of crowds of less than a thousand when we tour Cornwall.
I suspect you might have been "whooshed" slightly, as dear ol' Mr Pasty will have had his tongue firmly in cheek when he posted that as a riposte to the nay-sayers saying the same about the Fluminense match.

Grecian_Jay

Is this true? We didn't win the first game did we?! And who is Kimmy Keohane?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28438489

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think it makes barely any difference who teams play during pre season, it's more about fitness and the potential tactics.
But winning (and scoring) is nice.

Stuart Storer's Tache

Tupi fair that's a decent result

geoffwp

I think I'm right in remembering that the Brazilian national sides of the 70's and 80's used to play against non league opposition just to be in the habit of scoring goals competitively. Lots of them.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
It's not about the winning though... It's the taking part that counts... Isn't it ??