• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tupi FC v Exeter City Official Match Day thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Blimey! That should get us some publicity!! :D
We've got enough problems with Pottymouth Coles without engaging Prince Phillip!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't understand a word, but for any Portuguese speakers.... a little report from Tupi

Rog H K

Blimey! That should get us some publicity!! :D
Ok... consulate. Been a long day ok and I need to recharge my batteries with a beer or three on the Copacabana! (smoke)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Ok... consulate. Been a long day ok and I need to recharge my batteries with a beer or three on the Copacabana! (smoke)
Fairy nuff Rog....I do understand that and knew what you meant!! ;-)

The_Prof

We all got back about 3am local time Zzzzzzz. 7am UK. Game was free to get in and I had ticket No.1766 given to me by the coach steward(2 coach loads of Grecians went the 3 hours North through the mountains), two steps later a Policeman at the gate collected them . Kick off time was put back to 8 so there was a steady flow of attendants probably 800 at the peak. 2 games in a row we have had to sing God save the Queen and then the Brazilian Anthem, perhaps we can do this at home Vs Swansea when we play them next week and play Land of my Farther for them to keep up the momentum? Good banter between fans and a good sing song wars took place, lots of ooo arrrs and Cider songs and a 15 minutes stint of The Stanno song that drowned at the local Tupi Ultras who were at top voice with their drummer.They play in the 3rd tier in Brazil and are a small club but the standard was there. Lots of shirt swapping going on by the fans and lots of media attention. Good display of flags. We were happy to be at 1-1 after good chances at both ends by both teams. Pym saved well. We looked on top in last 10 minutes and started to get the crosses in. Good header from Coles to win it at the death. The game was due to go to Pens lol! 2 glass trophies on table in front of the main stand and we took home the bigger of the two. Good to see the City team arrive in style, we had loan of the Fluminense team coach with their Tri colour badge adorning the sides. Very friendly where ever we have been. City are on their local and nation TV Radio and in the Nation rags . People in Rio on the beach, streets and bars all know of us and we are being good ambassadors. City have a GREAT Britain logo/sponsor on our shirts promoting the UK. Obviously City are in with the British Consort and Overseas promoting the Great in Britain. So far this trip has been Great.
Going for a lie down. Just read something good on Exeweb.

We all got back about 3am local time Zzzzzzz. 7am UK. Game was free to get in and I had ticket No.1766 given to me by the coach steward(2 coach loads of Grecians went the 3 hours North through the mountains), two steps later a Policeman at the gate collected them . Kick off time was put back to 8 so there was a steady flow of attendants probably 800 at the peak. 2 games in a row we have had to sing God save the Queen and then the Brazilian Anthem, perhaps we can do this at home Vs Swansea when we play them next week and play Land of my Farther for them to keep up the momentum? Good banter between fans and a good sing song wars took place, lots of ooo arrrs and Cider songs and a 15 minutes stint of The Stanno song that drowned at the local Tupi Ultras who were at top voice with their drummer.They play in the 3rd tier in Brazil and are a small club but the standard was there. Lots of shirt swapping going on by the fans and lots of media attention. Good display of flags. We were happy to be at 1-1 after good chances at both ends by both teams. Pym saved well. We looked on top in last 10 minutes and started to get the crosses in. Good header from Coles to win it at the death. The game was due to go to Pens lol! 2 glass trophies on table in front of the main stand and we took home the bigger of the two. Good to see the City team arrive in style, we had loan of the Fluminense team coach with their Tri colour badge adorning the sides. Very friendly where ever we have been. City are on their local and nation TV Radio and in the Nation rags . People in Rio on the beach, streets and bars all know of us and we are being good ambassadors. City have a GREAT Britain logo/sponsor on our shirts promoting the UK. Obviously City are in with the British Consort and Overseas promoting the Great in Britain. So far this trip has been Great.
Superb post Roger, many thanks.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nice byline from Globesport, but will blame Google translate

Captain Exeter vibrates with victory and exalts upheld the Brazilian

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well done for winning another trophy and scoring a couple of goals, although being pedantic I note from Roger that we would have also picked a smaller one up on this occasion had we lost. ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A little video for you to enjoy. Hope your Portuguese is up to scratch!
[video=youtube;53EldA_OHEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=53EldA_OHEk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

butch

What sort of level Tupi playing at? We talking a good L2 Side/Lower L1 side? Just wondering what to make of the result.
Currently third in their league, 3 points off the top. Before losing to Flu in the cup, beat Flamenco in previous round.