• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tupi FC v Exeter City Official Match Day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wonder what this was supposed to have meant? :)

Keohane and Coles turned the score and the English took Britain by storm and fans UFJF Cup on luggage.
http://globoesporte.globo.com/mg/zona-da-mata-centro-oeste/noticia/2014/07/de-virada-exeter-city-bate-tupi-mg-em-amistoso-internacional.html

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we have much space left in the trophy cabinet? If not, perhaps Chorlton can organise for a redevelopment of it to increase capacity.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Do we have much space left in the trophy cabinet? If not, perhaps Chorlton can organise for a redevelopment of it to increase capacity.
Nice one Geoff! That made I larf! :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like they all got a run out (except Tisdale). Match report up on the Club website
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/match-report-tupi-1-exeter-city-2-1779169.aspx

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yay! I went to bed at 1-0 Tupi so assumed we had lost. Well done boys:)

Rog H K

We all got back about 3am local time Zzzzzzz. 7am UK. Game was free to get in and I had ticket No.1766 given to me by the coach steward(2 coach loads of Grecians went the 3 hours North through the mountains), two steps later a Policeman at the gate collected them . Kick off time was put back to 8 so there was a steady flow of attendants probably 800 at the peak. 2 games in a row we have had to sing God save the Queen and then the Brazilian Anthem, perhaps we can do this at home Vs Swansea when we play them next week and play Land of my Farther for them to keep up the momentum? Good banter between fans and a good sing song wars took place, lots of ooo arrrs and Cider songs and a 15 minutes stint of The Stanno song that drowned at the local Tupi Ultras who were at top voice with their drummer.They play in the 3rd tier in Brazil and are a small club but the standard was there. Lots of shirt swapping going on by the fans and lots of media attention. Good display of flags. We were happy to be at 1-1 after good chances at both ends by both teams. Pym saved well. We looked on top in last 10 minutes and started to get the crosses in. Good header from Coles to win it at the death. The game was due to go to Pens lol! 2 glass trophies on table in front of the main stand and we took home the bigger of the two. Good to see the City team arrive in style, we had loan of the Fluminense team coach with their Tri colour badge adorning the sides. Very friendly where ever we have been. City are on their local and nation TV Radio and in the Nation rags . People in Rio on the beach, streets and bars all know of us and we are being good ambassadors. City have a GREAT Britain logo/sponsor on our shirts promoting the UK. Obviously City are in with the British Consort and Overseas promoting the Great in Britain. So far this trip has been Great.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to hear from Brazil RHK!

Thoughts of Danny Butterfield http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/danny-we-showed-a-lot-of-character-1779441.aspx

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to see more of Butterfield as a DM. He looked comfortable in the role v. Reading, passed well and anticipated the play as you'd expect from a player of his experience and pedigree. And his glacial pace is less of a problem there than at FB.

We really missed Tommy Doc's competiveness, ability in the air and passing in the second half of last season. Our slide down the table commenced with his replacement by Gill, and I for one don't think that was entirely coincidence.

I hope Butterfield can fill that role.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Obviously City are in with the British Consort
Blimey! That should get us some publicity!! :D