• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who from? The few remaining Tory "wets"??
Still, hardly a good look when, after calling a GE, even some of your own "trusted" ministers immediately leap off the sinking vessel.
Possibly they've taken heed of the obnoxious Mel Stride's "war on the unemployed and unemployable" and want to elbow their way to the front of the dole queue?
Oh dear. Not ringing endorsement. Wring as in wet...

Oldsmobile-88

Rather like 2010 When The Broon was at a poster campaign launch and a car crashed.
😁
Especially as Mandleson was there to oversee the campaign. His face when a journalist suggested it looked like a sign how the campaign was going 🤣🤣
I hope he’s involved in the Labour campaign, he can be comedy gold without realising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistair20000

I hope you have had time to read the Daily Telegraph publisher's statement about its commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion :)
Have not seen it. Linky thing please.

Alistair20000

Did you go wrong somewhere there Olds :unsure:

Oldsmobile-88

Did you go wrong somewhere there Olds :unsure:
Yep...I did not post under the bottom quote in your post 😎

tavyred

Anyone else finding the ‘over smiley and ever so earnest’ Ed Davey a bit weird and a tad irritating?

tavyred

Heard on Times Radio today that the current polling shows that the following 4 issues are the electorate's top priorities (in order).

1. NHS
2. Cost of Living
3. Growing the economy
4. Immigration

The same polling showed that the electorate trust Labour to do a better job dealing with the top 3, with the Tories more trusted only on number 4.

Feeling very grateful to Reform and all hard right Tories for handing this election to Labour - thank you 🙏
A couple of observations on that BB, I’m heartened that immigration is as high up as fourth TBH, and I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it became front and centre of the campaign as we go through the next six weeks. Lest we forget also Sunak needs to energise the type of voter who care about immigration, no one else.

elginCity

Anyone else finding the ‘over smiley and ever so earnest’ Ed Davey a bit weird and a tad irritating?
Yes, thought the same. Very strange behaviour in Cheltenham.

elginCity

See 2 Tory councillors donned high vis and mingled with McVities workers in order to ask Sunak some questions. Excellent questions, apparently, to which he had answers.

DB9

Think it's more of a nervous "over smiley and ever so earnest" Tavy, He's now had to come out of the wood work for the GE. He's been keeping a low profile since he was the Post Office Minister during part of the Horizon scandal and trying to avoid awkward questions.