• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
A couple of observations on that BB, I’m heartened that immigration is as high up as fourth TBH, and I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it became front and centre of the campaign as we go through the next six weeks. Lest we forget also Sunak needs to energise the type of voter who care about immigration, no one else.
This is exactly the type of unwavering commitment to that belief that I'm grateful for. Thank you Mr T! 🙏

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone else finding the ‘over smiley and ever so earnest’ Ed Davey a bit weird and a tad irritating?
Can't take the guy seriously. A true political lightweight.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile Reform are really upping the anti by openly making up 'woke' issues. Jinxy must be proud, right up his street this sort of thing.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile Reform are really upping the anti by openly making up 'woke' issues. Jinxy must be proud, right up his street this sort of thing.

You gotta love 30p Lee Anderson! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member

“Reserved for Members Only” 🤣

Oldsmobile-88

See 2 Tory councillors donned high vis and mingled with McVities workers in order to ask Sunak some questions. Excellent questions, apparently, to which he had answers.
Yep...That set up really took the biscuit...

angelic upstart

“Reserved for Members Only” 🤣
What members club serves up breakfast that looks that bad. I've often moaned about HoC having cheap bars and food, but this looks worse than a school canteen.

arthur

Have not seen it. Linky thing please.
See post 300, which also has a question for you not to answer :)

arthur

Lest we forget also Sunak needs to energise the type of voter who care about immigration, no one else.
A government for all the people then. I have always maintained that your definition of democracy is so far removed from mine that its not worth arguing about

tavyred

A government for all the people then. I have always maintained that your definition of democracy is so far removed from mine that its not worth arguing about
Eh?
Why would either of us want a government that believes in the stuff that the other wanted?
You get that in democracies politics is by definition adversarial?
Democracy is about accepting (with grace) that our own personal world view is not always the majority view.
A concept that you obviously struggle with.