• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One of the things that I love about our ground and it hasn't changed with the redevelopment, is that you see bits of Exeter from so many places within the ground. I used to stand where you could see the cathedral, and now in my place I can see John Lewis and I have this view of the local housing. Proper ground! :)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
IIRC from yesterday: Alan Banks, Fred Binney, Alan Beer, Tony Kellow, Dazza, Steve Flack, Logie, Stanno, Ollie Watkins & Jayden Stockley.
I think it is very impressive. My only querry would be why Steve Neville didn't make it ahead of a couple of the aforementioned strikers.
Flack immortalised! Wondered why Ollie was there when actually Wheeler scored more goals as I remember.

malcolms

Flack immortalised! Wondered why Ollie was there when actually Wheeler scored more goals as I remember.
And WTF is Logan doing there?...He only performed when a new contract was in doubt...

fred binneys head

Logie was a legend, scored some very important goals (Torquay away, Rotherham away, etc). Love Logie, I do.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Jamie Cureton or Steve Basham? Unbelievable Jeff.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Only room for so many , and maybe this was done off the back of the survey a while ago when people were asked about favourite ex City players ?

Stelios " Indeed. And the houses in the surrounding areas can hear us loud and clear on match days when we score (I've been there). It's great to be in the city centre"

Not just the surrounding area tbh mate my wife and kids can hear when City score at home and we live near Posloe Bridge train station even more so if its an evening game.

Last edited:

Stelios

One of the things that I love about our ground and it hasn't changed with the redevelopment, is that you see bits of Exeter from so many places within the ground. I used to stand where you could see the cathedral, and now in my place I can see John Lewis and I have this view of the local housing. Proper ground! :)
Indeed. And the houses in the surrounding areas can hear us loud and clear on match days when we score (I've been there). It's great to be in the city centre.

The various photos from the BB end make the NAE look tiny but walking past St James Rd and sat in the IPOS yesterday it just looks like a perfectly normal lower league away end. It's not as small in real life. It looks really smart. Will be great to have away fans back there making a bit of a racket.

When is the 100ft Danny Bailey mural being painted onto the outside of the NOG?

Antony Moxey

My parents live in Exwick and they’ve heard the noise when we’ve scored before.

Like you can at Mansfield

geoffwp

Logie was a legend, scored some very important goals (Torquay away, Rotherham away, etc). Love Logie, I do.
Bleddy hell Fred, you must be a child of the flower power revolution. You love everybody.:D