• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Great, look forward to seeing them later.
Sorry for the delay, but have been out in Burslem!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Last edited:

Benguin

Sorry for the delay, but have been out in Burslem!

Thanks, nearly there!

Red Monster

Looking good,but a slight concern would be the security of the ground,at the corner of St.James road looks easy
To get on the wall and get over the railings.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Looking good,but a slight concern would be the security of the ground,at the corner of St.James road looks easy
They are there to stop people walking out before the game ends !

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was musing on how many would have hopped over it at the infamous Sarfend game ?

Saint James

As it stands it would present safety and security issues for a higher risk fixture where all tickets for the away have sold out. I could see one or two without a ticket trying it and before you know it dozens would join in.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
As many of you will no doubt recall, I was highly critical of the way that the contract situation for the whole deal was set up. With no direct contract control we were certainly at the mercy of the developer and contractors. However, to be fair, I think they have done an excellent job, and no corners appear to have been cut. I discussed this with my great mate Sexton Blake yesterday and we both share the same opinion on this. Overall the project is not what I would have liked and I honestly think that we could have done it better, particularly bearing in mind the extent of the incoming transfer fees in the last couple of years. However, within the limited resources that were applied to the project, the end result is pleasing.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
As many of you will no doubt recall, I was highly critical of the way that the contract situation for the whole deal was set up. With no direct contract control we were certainly at the mercy of the developer and contractors. However, to be fair, I think they have done an excellent job, and no corners appear to have been cut. I discussed this with my great mate Sexton Blake yesterday and we both share the same opinion on this. Overall the project is not what I would have liked and I honestly think that we could have done it better, particularly bearing in mind the extent of the incoming transfer fees in the last couple of years. However, within the limited resources that were applied to the project, the end result is pleasing.
Epiphany........

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Epiphany........
I've always been honest!!