• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Warrington Town v Exeter City Prediction Thread

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless you have a strong dislikening for Tisdale, I don't think he'll find much to agree with.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We ain't good enough to go resting anyone for this but I doubt very much Tisdale would consider that anyway

Nichols has 2 in 2 off the bench so deserves a start alongside cummins

geoffwp

Bloody hell Richard I am aware that you admit to being arguementive, but you could cause an arguement in an empty room.
Quote of the night. :D :D.......and so true. ;)

Last edited:

rustle

This game will follow the pattern Tis often used when we were in the Conference. Wear the opposition down in the first half, tire them out and bring on fresh legs halfway through the second half (Wheeler probably one of them ) to finish off a tiring team. Doesn't matter if Warrington score first, and they may well do, the goals we score in the last 20 minutes will see us through.

Terryhall

I'd love to see us attack from the off and try to build a good lead & play positively for the cameras. But more likely we'll sit back to contain them and tire them out and I can see us going in at half-time a goal down, but coming back in the 2nd half playing more positively and take a win. I'll say 3-1 to City with the goals coming from Wheeler, Grimes in the shop window and Nichols' 3rd in 3 games. Their goal from Danny Maddix.

I'd love to see us attack from the off and try to build a good lead & play positively for the cameras. But more likely we'll sit back to contain them and tire them out and I can see us going in at half-time a goal down, but coming back in the 2nd half playing more positively and take a win. I'll say 3-1 to City with the goals coming from Wheeler, Grimes in the shop window and Nichols' 3rd in 3 games. Their goal from Danny Maddix.
I am going to disagree with you Terry. Whilst I would have agreed with you a month or so ago, the level of confidence in the team is light years above what it was then. These guys genuinely believe in themselves and as a result have taken on teams that were at the top, or near the top of the league and out played them. They went a goal down within 2 minutes on Saturday and in just a few minutes they were taking the game to Luton. The substitutions in the last two games at least indicated an intention to go for the win.

The only area that I have concerns about is over confidence leading to complacency. We must take the game to them and play it in their half of the pitch, whilst at the same time being respectful of the fact that they have got where they are on merit. Do it right and we should get the correct result.

Last edited:

grecianstew

Well if they do that, the game will be postponed and we'll both be 67 grand poorer. Have seen the long range weather forecast, and high winds and lashing rain are currently predicted for Friday.
Well according to the Express the pitch will be frozen and covered by a metre of snow!

Avening Posse

We ain't good enough to go resting anyone for this but I doubt very much Tisdale would consider that anyway

Nichols has 2 in 2 off the bench so deserves a start alongside cummins
I would also like to see Nichols start, I think he deserves it and getting a brace against a team further down the pyramid would be great for his confidence.

The other point I would make is if, and I mean if, we are a couple of goals to the good with 20 mins to go, I would take Grimes off, especially if they are really physical. Got to keep that guy injury free and sod the shop window !

Grecian_Jay

I'll go 4-1 City. We should play Grimes and let him be the star of the show which will increase his value.

Looking forward to seeing the game for once.

Lstevens

I'll go 4-1 City. We should play Grimes and let him be the star of the show which will increase his value.

Looking forward to seeing the game for once.
Agree with this point, great chance for grimes to be 'in the shop window' to increase value, assuming he is sold soon