• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Rekeem Harper (gone to Burton)

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary is clearly no fool having played Dieng, Kite and now Kegs in front of Harper who hasn't even had five seconds of match action off the bench let alone a start. We can just hope that we have a release clause in his very expensive contract to send him back in January which a birdy told me is north of £3k a week!
He will be going back in January.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will be going back in January.
Martin, if he doesn't you will be held personally responsible :)

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martin, if he doesn't you will be held personally responsible :)
I will ask AndyH if he can get some gallows knocked up in Red Square, just in case :)

milts

£3k a week is insane if true.
GC clearly doesn’t rate him so hopefully it will free up a significant amount of budget to allow him to bring in his own players in January

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC clearly doesn’t rate him so hopefully it will free up a significant amount of budget to allow him to bring in his own players in January
But who's paying that 3k – us or Ipswich?!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I havent seen his pay slip to verify but have heard £3,400 a week. Whilst I recoiled when told this it does seem likely given he was coming from Ipswich and previous to that at WBA so would have been on a Championship wage. Whilst you would hope we arent paying all of this, at the time of his signing we were desperate for midfield players and maybe Matt was desperate enough at the time to agree to it thinking he would become an excellent signing? Egg, not sure genorosity exists where clubs pay those wages - perhaps they waived the loan arrangement fee as a sign of goodwill?

AndyR

I will ask AndyH if he can get some gallows knocked up in Red Square, just in case :)
Gallows would be a bit OTT. Stocks would be perfectly sufficient.:D

Andy_H

Gallows would be a bit OTT. Stocks would be perfectly sufficient.:D
We could throw stale pastys & sausage rolls at him - if there were any left over after a game!!!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could throw stale pastys & sausage rolls at him - if there were any left over after a game!!!
that comment could be described as gallows humour given the lack of food available on matchdays :)

Andy_H

that comment could be described as gallows humour given the lack of food available on matchdays :)
Surely it's more a 'stock' answer!