• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Rekeem Harper (gone to Burton)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could throw stale pastys & sausage rolls at him - if there were any left over after a game!!!
Never mind whether or not St James Park requires an apostrophe, the plural of pasty is, unequivocally, pasties and not pastys [sic]! ;)

Andy_H

Never mind whether or not St James Park requires an apostrophe, the plural of pasty is, unequivocally, pasties and not pastys [sic]! ;)
An ex E&E journo correcting a grammar mistake, that must take the biscuit!

budegrecian

But who's paying that 3k – us or Ipswich?!
My understanding is that Harper is actually on about £6k per week with Ipswich & we're paying them about half of it.
We need a regular starter for that sort of money.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that Harper is actually on about £6k per week with Ipswich & we're paying them about half of it.
6k per week at Ipswich seems plausible/likely. Ipswich paid 500k as a transfer fee (for comparison Stockley was on 3.5k per week at Preston,following a 750k transfer fee)

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
When we signed Harper, I saw an Ipswich fan write that one minute he's Patrick Vieira and the next he's Patrick from EastEnders...
This turned out to be quite accurate.

Positive spin

This turned out to be quite accurate.
But Patrick in Eastenders makes a lot more appearances
I might have missed something but the last mention of Harper I can recall was him being involved in the Princesshay punch up

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
An ex E&E journo correcting a grammar mistake, that must take the biscuit!
FWIW I was a sub-editor. Ironically, the reason the Echo / Devon Live, not to mention the overwhelming majority of local journalism, is littered with so many mistakes is because the bean counters, in their infinite wisdom, decided subs were an unnecessary luxury.

*Apologies for deviating off topic*

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
FWIW I was a sub-editor. Ironically, the reason the Echo / Devon Live, not to mention the overwhelming majority of local journalism, is littered with so many mistakes is because the bean counters, in their infinite wisdom, decided subs were an unnecessary luxury.

*Apologies for deviating off topic*
Well the Guardian has managed without them for decades 😄😄😄

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the Guardian has managed without them for decades 😄😄😄
The Grauniad surely?! But, in all seriousness, that's like comparing chalk with cheese!

StudentGrecian

Ludicrous if true we are paying those kind of wages, his downward trajectory was there for everyone to see. I assume we must have a get out clause, that’s why GC has basically banished him as he sees it as a way to free up some cash in Jan.