• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who is not going on Saturday due the Ticketing policy or Prices at ECFC?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Season Ticket Holder since the Flybe or whatever it is called now was built same seat - won't be there Saturday

Bittners a Legend

Hi Bitts, I like your posts, so please dont think this is having a pop, but you are suggesting the POTG should be the same price as paying in advance. People should be rewarded for paying in advance, it helps the club and most other business's give discounts for paying in advance. If your real gripe is the overall price, they haven't really risen at all for ages, and still havent really risen if you pay in advance.

If you are saying there should be a consistent and unchanged price regardless of whether you pay in advance then I think that is the wrong approach, but if you are saying the uplift from paying in advance is too great then I am inclined to agree with you, but finally if you are saying the current advance price should be the POTG price, and therefore the advance price should be even lower than it is now, I think we would be selling ourselves short
Hi AP - certainly don't think you're having a pop and you raise some good questions.

I think my viewpoint is that I don't have an issue with advanced sales and agree that those willing to part with their cash early and commit deserve some sort of reward as season ticket holders get (at least in theory). However, if you are going to have advanced sales I think you need the cut off point to be at least 3 days in advance for the club to gain any sort of advantage from it as opposed to 3 hours before kick off which just seems to be a middle ground that suits nobody. I would guess that the clubs main motivation behind this scheme is to bank the cash for games when there are postponements but if a game was in doubt because of the weather I doubt many are going to buy a ticket in advance knowing they can wait until 3 hours before.

Secondly as Tony Moxey has said the disparity between advance and pay on the gate prices are huge and to me seem an attempt to bully fans into buying in advance which is not just wrong but counter productive. For example the difference for a senior on the Big Bank is £5. Crazy. Also I don't think that under 18s should have to suffer the consequences of these hikes - unless you have parents taking you to go the game I imagine many under 18 will have no way of buying a ticket. In fact I have a feeling that the terms and conditions for buying tickets on the City website states that you have to be at least 16 or 18. I don't think the discount for advance sales should really be more than £1 or £2 max.

Thirdly I am afraid I do think prices are too expensive. I agree we didn't have a hike in the last two seasons but that is partly because we suffered a relegation. In the last 6 or 7 years the prices have gone up significantly. For example I'm now 25 but when I first started paying the adult ticket price I think it was £12 on the Big Bank and £19 or £20 for the Flybe. Paying on the gate now will cost £19 and £29 which is a pretty hefty increase. I don't advocate making the prices really cheap and hoping we get 6 or 7,000 but we definitely do NOT have the balance right at the moment in my opinion.

motorservices

I don't think anyone's complaining about discounts for paying in advance, it's the price difference between paying in advance or on the gate that's the problem, along with the actual ticket price itself. I don't think anyone would worry if it was only a quid difference, but £29 for a ticket to the Flybe is simply ridiculous.

I can't think of one single reason why any ticket for any area of the ground should be more than £20, but then again it's just indicative I suppose of sport/entertainment in general. People are still struggling yet the theatre/cinema/pretty much any sport you care to mention especially at the top end/bands/festivals/ theme parks continue to whack prices up year on year.

I dont see the issue, on saturday i will buy my ticket (at the discounted rate) for York, and so on for each home game, so in effect the club is losing money, if they had left it at £17 then i wouldnt have bothered, so the club has now lost £69 from me

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I couldn't care about the price to be honest. I'm just so ****ed off with Tisdale for ruining what was such an exciting part if my life. Days leading up to a new season were such an excitement but now I couldn't give a toss.

Roll om that day when he finally goes.

Avening Posse

Hi AP - certainly don't think you're having a pop and you raise some good questions.

I think my viewpoint is that I don't have an issue with advanced sales and agree that those willing to part with their cash early and commit deserve some sort of reward as season ticket holders get (at least in theory). However, if you are going to have advanced sales I think you need the cut off point to be at least 3 days in advance for the club to gain any sort of advantage from it as opposed to 3 hours before kick off which just seems to be a middle ground that suits nobody. I would guess that the clubs main motivation behind this scheme is to bank the cash for games when there are postponements but if a game was in doubt because of the weather I doubt many are going to buy a ticket in advance knowing they can wait until 3 hours before.

Secondly as Tony Moxey has said the disparity between advance and pay on the gate prices are huge and to me seem an attempt to bully fans into buying in advance which is not just wrong but counter productive. For example the difference for a senior on the Big Bank is £5. Crazy. Also I don't think that under 18s should have to suffer the consequences of these hikes - unless you have parents taking you to go the game I imagine many under 18 will have no way of buying a ticket. In fact I have a feeling that the terms and conditions for buying tickets on the City website states that you have to be at least 16 or 18. I don't think the discount for advance sales should really be more than £1 or £2 max.

Thirdly I am afraid I do think prices are too expensive. I agree we didn't have a hike in the last two seasons but that is partly because we suffered a relegation. In the last 6 or 7 years the prices have gone up significantly. For example I'm now 25 but when I first started paying the adult ticket price I think it was £12 on the Big Bank and £19 or £20 for the Flybe. Paying on the gate now will cost £19 and £29 which is a pretty hefty increase. I don't advocate making the prices really cheap and hoping we get 6 or 7,000 but we definitely do NOT have the balance right at the moment in my opinion.
Thanks Bitts, I'm with you now, and do agree the disparity between advanced and POTG is too large. I had not considered the "up to 3 hours before kick off" point either, but I agree it does seem odd. When I first started going I think it was about 70p for an under 16 to stand in the cow shed.....!

oldschool

this is how i see

for 43 years i have walked up to the ground and paid to go in with my father.

last year 2 seats in the flybe £42, this year £54.

so decided to fall in with club policy and buy in advance £44.25 including collection fee.

This is far too much for league 2 rubbish.

I like to sit in the flybe as we always stood in the cowshed and now in latter years my father needs a seat so big bank a no no and old g too many pillars.

next week at Argyle £37

Exeter City ripping off regular life long supporters

sign of the chimes

Hopefully a nice win again that nasty blue lot will top the weekend.
Boooooooooo, etc.

Avening Posse

this is how i see

for 43 years i have walked up to the ground and paid to go in with my father.

last year 2 seats in the flybe £42, this year £54.

so decided to fall in with club policy and buy in advance £44.25 including collection fee.

This is far too much for league 2 rubbish.

I like to sit in the flybe as we always stood in the cowshed and now in latter years my father needs a seat so big bank a no no and old g too many pillars.

next week at Argyle £37

Exeter City ripping off regular life long supporters

Is it really £37 for Argyle ?, I haven't bothered looking yet, was going to pick one up after the Bournemouth game, that is criminally extortionate, or is that for you and your Dad combined ?

The Doctor

Have to agree with oldschool. I find it quite staggering that we have a fan owned club that charges prices that the fans aren't happy with! If I was in charge I'd set low fan friendly prices to get people in. Cheap tickets for younger fans is vital to build a sustainable fan base IMO. Of course, you would need well run food and merchandise departments to make the most of a larger number of people coming in.

As an exile I don't get to see as many games as I'd like but when I do come I can usually persuade a few casual fans to join me. We're in a similar boat with often having to sit in the WTS stand and when I explained that our usual routine of deciding, quite late on, to go to the match would set you back £29 the reaction was about as negative as you could get. I also agree that the standard of football is also having a major impact on their decisions too. A double whammy that I would have thought will mean our lowest gates in years. Hope I'm proven wrong though.

Avening Posse

Is it really £37 for Argyle ?, I haven't bothered looking yet, was going to pick one up after the Bournemouth game, that is criminally extortionate, or is that for you and your Dad combined ?
Hi Oldschool, I just looked it up, £21 for me so presumably the 37 is you and your Dad, I think that is the same price Argyle charge their fans