• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who is not going on Saturday due the Ticketing policy or Prices at ECFC?

sign of the chimes

Hi AP - certainly don't think you're having a pop and you raise some good questions.

I think my viewpoint is that I don't have an issue with advanced sales and agree that those willing to part with their cash early and commit deserve some sort of reward as season ticket holders get (at least in theory). However, if you are going to have advanced sales I think you need the cut off point to be at least 3 days in advance for the club to gain any sort of advantage from it as opposed to 3 hours before kick off which just seems to be a middle ground that suits nobody. I would guess that the clubs main motivation behind this scheme is to bank the cash for games when there are postponements but if a game was in doubt because of the weather I doubt many are going to buy a ticket in advance knowing they can wait until 3 hours before.

Secondly as Tony Moxey has said the disparity between advance and pay on the gate prices are huge and to me seem an attempt to bully fans into buying in advance which is not just wrong but counter productive. For example the difference for a senior on the Big Bank is £5. Crazy. Also I don't think that under 18s should have to suffer the consequences of these hikes - unless you have parents taking you to go the game I imagine many under 18 will have no way of buying a ticket. In fact I have a feeling that the terms and conditions for buying tickets on the City website states that you have to be at least 16 or 18. I don't think the discount for advance sales should really be more than £1 or £2 max.

Thirdly I am afraid I do think prices are too expensive. I agree we didn't have a hike in the last two seasons but that is partly because we suffered a relegation. In the last 6 or 7 years the prices have gone up significantly. For example I'm now 25 but when I first started paying the adult ticket price I think it was £12 on the Big Bank and £19 or £20 for the Flybe. Paying on the gate now will cost £19 and £29 which is a pretty hefty increase. I don't advocate making the prices really cheap and hoping we get 6 or 7,000 but we definitely do NOT have the balance right at the moment in my opinion.
Sorry for quoting your whole post here, Bittners a Legend; but it's a really interesting read. At PFC we can't pay on the turnstile now - haven't been able to for several years. For a while (a couple of years, and owners, back) it was more expensive to buy 'on the day' than in advance - but I don't think it is any more.

What I would say is that pricing is a weird thing. It's £20 to get in to Fratton Park currently (cheaper with a season ticket, obviously) but it doesn't seem that expensive. It's not because of the quality of the product (trust me!) but because it was £30+ a few years back - I was priced out of a season ticket then (£600+ at the height of our 'premier league' experience).

I don't think clubs help themselves when there are lots of layers of pricing - outside of the need to price adults/oaps/kids (and in some cases youngsters/students) separately. The advance/on the day thing is also quite interesting, but I'd imagine a £1 difference would be proportionate - £5 (which I think was mentioned) seems massively excessive? It's the same price to watch from any stand here - regardless of view, etc.

Last edited:

oldschool

dont think they have added any police costs either, awaits the price for the home game, that should be a good thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I couldn't care about the price to be honest. I'm just so ****ed off with Tisdale for ruining what was such an exciting part if my life. Days leading up to a new season were such an excitement but now I couldn't give a toss.

Roll om that day when he finally goes.
Tell you what Jay, you are obviously a man of principle and very stubborn, I've read your posts on here for ages, you should get back up there, you obviously miss it a lot, there's plenty of things that most of us get ****ed off about from time to time at City, but things do change and why waste many years of NOT watching the team you support because you've decided that your hatred of the manager is more important than your love of the club ?.....you might look back and regret it one day, but we are all different I suppose

Alistair20000

I'm not sure if I'm going on Saturday, nothing to do with the ticket prices etc although I do think some of the pricing is crazy, just not sure I have the enthusiasm / interest, i.e. watching a Paul Tisdale team in twenty odd degrees, there are far more appealing things to spend the time on.
Will you be donning the whites and bowling some military medium for Heathcoat Cricket Club instead then Missy ?

butch

this is how i see

for 43 years i have walked up to the ground and paid to go in with my father.

last year 2 seats in the flybe £42, this year £54.

so decided to fall in with club policy and buy in advance £44.25 including collection fee.

This is far too much for league 2 rubbish.

I like to sit in the flybe as we always stood in the cowshed and now in latter years my father needs a seat so big bank a no no and old g too many pillars.

next week at Argyle £37

Exeter City ripping off regular life long supporters
I have paid £21 for a premium seat in the flybe or whatever its handle is now. (the cowshed with a lump of concrete on it to me) A hike from the £12 I paid last season in the Big Bank., but I am happy with that,

DanceMagnet

I have paid £21 for a premium seat in the flybe or whatever its handle is now. (the cowshed with a lump of concrete on it to me) A hike from the £12 I paid last season in the Big Bank., but I am happy with that,
Well, as long as you're OK, that's fine.

wemissmoxey

Will you be donning the whites and bowling some military medium for Heathcoat Cricket Club instead then Missy ?
No sir, the bowling boots have been loitering untouched in my garage for a few years.

Grecian_Jay

Tell you what Jay, you are obviously a man of principle and very stubborn, I've read your posts on here for ages, you should get back up there, you obviously miss it a lot, there's plenty of things that most of us get ****ed off about from time to time at City, but things do change and why waste many years of NOT watching the team you support because you've decided that your hatred of the manager is more important than your love of the club ?.....you might look back and regret it one day, but we are all different I suppose
I miss it big time and I have no doubt I will regret it but I get no enjoyment from anything Exeter City related these days. I'm hoping it will come back when changes are made, I'm sure it will.

This isn't just not liking a manager, it's everything at the club. It stems from Tisdale but he's allowed to get away with it so he can't have all the blame. How he hasn't been served notice yet is a disgrace.

I just won't put another penny into the pockets of the men I hate and despise. They're rinsing the club of every penny.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know how Flexeter works? I bough online yesterday, fully expecting to receive an email with the voucher codes that I need to redeem. Not got anything so far so dropped an email to the club but still waiting to hear back.

Is it an email you get or is there actually a physical book of vouchers that you have to pick up? If that's the case then it kind of screws my plan for tomorrow as I'd need to go up to the club before 12, get the book and redeem a voucher and then go home before heading back at 2. Not the biggest of issues but seems to me that it could have been much simpler.

Saint James

Does anyone know how Flexeter works? I bough online yesterday, fully expecting to receive an email with the voucher codes that I need to redeem. Not got anything so far so dropped an email to the club but still waiting to hear back.

Is it an email you get or is there actually a physical book of vouchers that you have to pick up? If that's the case then it kind of screws my plan for tomorrow as I'd need to go up to the club before 12, get the book and redeem a voucher and then go home before heading back at 2. Not the biggest of issues but seems to me that it could have been much simpler.
I bought a few weeks back and then received around 4-5 days later a wallet with ten tickets. These all have unique vouchers to use per match.
Tony