• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I tell 'ee something. Sweden have got a couple of big, string strikers who can move and shoot. Wouldn't rule them out.
String strikers ? ? ?

Are they called Bowwoman ? :$

StroudGrecian

String strikers ? ? ?
The sort you'd like to pull?

IndoMike

String strikers ? ? ?

Are they called Bowwoman ? :$
Yes. Surely you have heard of the string theory.
In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. It describes how these strings propagate through space and interact with each other. On distance scales larger than the string scale, a string looks just like an ordinary particle, with its mass, charge, and other properties determined by the vibrational state of the string. In string theory, one of the many vibrational states of the string corresponds to the graviton, a quantum mechanical particle that carries gravitational force. Thus string theory is a theory of quantum gravity. And that is exactly what I meant.

Alistair20000

The sort you'd like to pull?
Ooh err missus :eek:

Avening Posse

So what's everybody's thoughts on the upcoming England USA game?. Due to timezones I have only seen limited amounts of this tournament, and have not actually seen much of the USA, do people think we can give them a game?. This kicks off at 5am for me so I am intending on making the effort

IndoMike

My opinion for what it is worth is that the US is living off it's past successes. In this tournament they've gradually had increasing difficulty in imposing themselves, whereas the England team seems to be on the up and up. Team spirit seems to be good, and the team is well-balanced. We've been disappointed so many times before that I'm loathe to predict an England win, but I'll go for it anyway, sticking my neck out.

Stelios

I don't know enough to give an informed opinion but all I've seen of England is a very fit team who create chances for fun. I appreciate the USA are a different class to what Eng have faced so far but I can't see Eng not scoring a goal or two.

It's more a question of how good/bad our defence is. Again, we haven't been tested yet really. We've veered from looking classy and comfortable at the back to completely open and all over the shop. In the USA-France game I was struck by how aggressive USA were in the tackle. They definitely seem 'smarter' than other teams too and don't seem as open/naive as other teams.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 2-2 after 90 minutes.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I don't know enough to give an informed opinion but all I've seen of England is a very fit team who create chances for fun. I appreciate the USA are a different class to what Eng have faced so far but I can't see Eng not scoring a goal or two.

It's more a question of how good/bad our defence is. Again, we haven't been tested yet really. We've veered from looking classy and comfortable at the back to completely open and all over the shop. In the USA-France game I was struck by how aggressive USA were in the tackle. They definitely seem 'smarter' than other teams too and don't seem as open/naive as other teams.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 2-2 after 90 minutes.
I agree that the US team seems more streetwise. They were indeed quick to tackle v France and not averse to trying to waste a bit of time at the end, when they were under the cosh.

Stelios

I agree that the US team seems more streetwise. They were indeed quick to tackle v France and not averse to trying to waste a bit of time at the end, when they were under the cosh.
One thing I've noticed in this WWC is how teams who lose possession just immediately retreat 30 yards and allow the opposition space and time to come forward. This has been a great help to teams like England who have the forward-thinking players to take advantage. But the USA didn't seem to do this against France. They just flew straight back into them.

I'm crap at tactics at the best of times but it seems as though the USA were a very smart outfit who knew their roles. I can see them making life difficult for England even if they don't appear to have the attacking flair we have.

Colesman Ballz

Let's remember that these teams met earlier this year in the "SheBelieves Cup" and drew 0-0, with England going on to win the tournament for the first time. The line ups may be different, but it does show that whilst respecting the Yanks, there is nothing to fear.