• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

i8cornwall

Card carring member and match attending Northern Ireland fan.

Ain't just the Scottish and Welsh who take great pleasure in seeing England fail.

sign of the chimes

We’re coming home :(

We played well against a good French team and did not get the breaks with some of the decisions from the officials in the first half.

However, we did not score from open play and the two penalties were the result of some crass French fouls in the box.

Not disgraced but disappointing.
I thought we played pretty well this evening against a well-matched opponent and came out on the wrong side of it.

That it felt we were among equals, against arguably the best squad left in the tournament aside from ourselves, shows how far things have come. I think Southgate has excellent players at his disposal but also that he's done a superb job.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Feel sorry for Kane, we were just about the better side tonight, ref was poor. Hope Kane recovers quickly, he’s a top player and a good lad.
Even if Kane had equalised for a second time, the ref would've found a way to let France progress. Quite evident he was under FIFA orders to let France move forward so that poster boy Mbappe could have a couple more games in the spotlight. Shocking reffing, but what else do you expect from the corrupt outfit.

A crumb of comfort is that you could say that Southgate didn't bottle it again this time.

Last edited:

Banksy

We’re coming home :(

We played well against a good French team and did not get the breaks with some of the decisions from the officials in the first half.

However, we did not score from open play and the two penalties were the result of some crass French fouls in the box.

Not disgraced but disappointing.
Spot on , you beat me to it. To my mind we never really looked like scoring from open play .I think mind games played their part too with Kane’s second penalty , shooting against his club team mate. Their goals were good too but loose play from us led to them. Both teams had their moments , just that to me they always looked more dangerous and liable to score on the break.
Oh well , back to the drawing board , who do we cheer for now , Morocco or Croatia?

Bat Fastard

Card carring member and match attending Northern Ireland fan.

Ain't just the Scottish and Welsh who take great pleasure in seeing England fail.
fair enough reason!

Bat Fastard

Spot on , you beat me to it. To my mind we never really looked like scoring from open play .I think mind games played their part too with Kane’s second penalty , shooting against his club team mate. Their goals were good too but loose play from us led to them. Both teams had their moments , just that to me they always looked more dangerous and liable to score on the break.
Oh well , back to the drawing board , who do we cheer for now , Morocco or Croatia?
morocco, would like to see messi win it, but the rest of argentina are s***houses

iscalad

fair enough reason!
His avatar is a bit of a giveaway.

fred binneys head

I’d love to see Morocco win it because it would be fantastic for an African nation to win their first World Cup, I’m a huge fan of Croatia following holidays there, so I’d love them to win it, but I’m going for Argentina as I’ve got them in the sweepstake at work. I’d sooner France didn’t win it, they’ve already won it, they shouldn’t be greedy.

Alistair20000

Any team apart from Argentina as far as I am concerned

Red Devon

This one hurts as England were the better team tonight :(