• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

You're The New Manager...........

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
........ what do you do? In true Exeweb fashion there is a lot of whinging and moaning but not a great deal in ways of solutions or improving things with the side with the current squad? Change of players, change of shape, whatever.

For me it's a bit of both. I'd go 3-5-1-1. There's little you can do to change from a back three, we simply don't have the players to do it so it blows out the option of going 4-3-3 for me. I'd be comfortable with whoever you wanted to choose in it so long as they're playing on their preferred side. In the middle of the park I'd have Carroll playing the deeper role of the three giving him room to try and dictate play with Harry Kite playing beside Ryan Trevitt. That should give us some more energy in the middle of the park and get Trevitt a bit further foward where he can do some more damage. In front of them in the ten role, a choice of two depending on whether you want invention, Aitchison, or whether you want some mobility and energy, Taylor. Out wide it's Niskanen and Harper (it would have been Mitchell if he was fit but......) Up front, until January at least, you've got to go with the Admiral. He's the only realistic option for now.

Over to you, what would you do?

milts

I think you could go to a back 4 like we did yesterday. Sweenz at right back and Jules left back. It's far from ideal, but Jules as wing back doesn't work for me. Sweenz at right back is a problem but we have no other option at RB.

Aimless needs dropping so Cheick comes in - tell him to defend and do nothing fancy. MT style.

Kite is a must in midfield - he seems to be only one to add any energy there.

Upfront, we could push Rankie/Imari further forward on the right, with Yannic on the left. Muskwe is the only realistic forward option.

Something like

Sinsalo

Sweenz
Cheick
Hartirdge
Jules

Carroll
Kite
Trevitt

Yannick
Muskwe
Rankin/Imari

Its poor but the squad which has been assembled lacks balance.

Play forward more and a bit more direct. Quicker attacking football.

ryancooper327

352 with Carroll, Kite, and Trevitt. Need to pack the CM and stop getting overrun. Then pick the least 2 hopeless up top. Or even Taylor behind 1x CF.

Though you could go 4 at the back and basically be Real Madrid. Kyle Taylor = Bellingham.

Sweeney Aimson Hartridge Jules
Trevitt Carroll Kite
Taylor
Muskwe Wildschutt

supernova

Sounds like most people on Exeweb know more about football than the people running the club so maybe they should orchestrate an African style coup and go up to the club and take it over

milts

Sounds like most people on Exeweb know more about football than the people running the club so maybe they should orchestrate an African style coup and go up to the club and take it over
Why would we want to do that? We own our club already.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless we re going to get crosses into the box and actually have strikers in the box that can connect to those crosses we should start with 3 players in centre midfield.Collins is no longer at the club.We can't play with two in the middle anymore.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good thread.

I'd also go 3-5-1-1 but I'm experiencing the same problem as the previous manager in that I have to shoehorn someone in to play wing back. I wouldn't want to put Kite there again as I want him sitting in front of my back three next to Carroll. I'm having my strikers in for a "chat" too. Muskwe, Yanic and Scott will be getting 30 minutes each at Fleetwood in which time they will be required to run their rocks off or they will be on the wrong end of the hairdryer. I'm sticking with Aimson even though he's having a 'mare of late as I don't see that dropping him will help.

Btw we're coming home Saturday night with at least a point.

Reactions: Ash

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d go 6-4-0. We don’t have any strikers.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd like to play a back 4 . (Not sure we did yesterday) but feel Sweeney would get torn a new one at RB.

Midfield 3 of Carrol, Kite, Trevitt.

Harper and Niskanen as the wing Backs.

Muskwe up top

That sounds *****.

Djg123

I’d do the right thing and walk away if my record was 10 losses in 12. Embarrassing, get him gone