• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

You're The New Manager...........

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good thread.

I'd also go 3-5-1-1 but I'm experiencing the same problem as the previous manager in that I have to shoehorn someone in to play wing back. I wouldn't want to put Kite there again as I want him sitting in front of my back three next to Carroll. I'm having my strikers in for a "chat" too. Muskwe, Yanic and Scott will be getting 30 minutes each at Fleetwood in which time they will be required to run their rocks off or they will be on the wrong end of the hairdryer. I'm sticking with Aimson even though he's having a 'mare of late as I don't see that dropping him will help.

Btw we're coming home Saturday night with at least a point.
You've got Niskanen to play right wing back.....

grecIAN Harris

I’d do the right thing and walk away if my record was 10 losses in 12. Embarrassing, get him gone
The new manager is that bad already?????? 🤔

Banksy

I’d do the right thing and walk away if my record was 10 losses in 12. Embarrassing, get him gone
Yes , can’t see any way back now unfortunately especially with the players we’ve got to choose from.
How can anyone turn things round with that shot shy lot upfront to pick from .You can’t make a silk purse out of a pig’s ear.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've got Niskanen to play right wing back.....
Is he fit to play? Or are we still in the land of make believe?

C j phill

I'd go 451, with Sweeney, Aimson, Diabate and Hartridge as the back four. Kite sitting just in front of the back four. With players hopefully getting fit, I'd have Rankine on the right, Carroll, and Niskanen on the left with Trevitt as the ten behind Muskwe. From now until the end of December, I'd be lining up two forwards, one who has the potential to actually score goals, a decent central defender and a pacy right back and left back, on the premise of allowing Muskwe to return to Luton and not extending the contracts for Watts and Wildschut (although if I could move Scott on, I'd keep Wildschut, if his fitness improves).

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd go 451, with Sweeney, Aimson, Diabate and Hartridge as the back four. Kite sitting just in front of the back four. With players hopefully getting fit, I'd have Rankine on the right, Carroll, and Niskanen on the left with Trevitt as the ten behind Muskwe. From now until the end of December, I'd be lining up two forwards, one who has the potential to actually score goals, a decent central defender and a pacy right back and left back, on the premise of allowing Muskwe to return to Luton and not extending the contracts for Watts and Wildschut (although if I could move Scott on, I'd keep Wildschut, if his fitness improves).
You can't have Rankine he's unfit and therefore unavailable. If you're having Rankine I'm having Kyle Walker.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

grecIAN Harris

Is he fit to play? Or are we still in the land of make believe?
Due back in the next week or so as I understand it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Due back in the next week or so as I understand it.
Hope you're right.

But you still can't select him for Fleetwood.

grecIAN Harris

Hope you're right.

But you still can't select him for Fleetwood.
But unless something changes over the week you wouldn't be the new manager until after the Fleetwood game. ;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
But unless something changes over the week you wouldn't be the new manager until after the Fleetwood game. ;)
Fair dos. It's your thread.