• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The bos shakeup

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently they were - but I dont remember seeing them at the time - hence starting the thread - plus the fact that the prior secretary had decided to use my middle name which meant I felt I had to make sure people knew I was standing...

When discussing this on the BoS site, there were 3/4 people who felt that this rule should be amended so that only canvassing which incur costs and negative campaigning against other candidates - but the rest didnt respond so the Trust Secretary didnt feel there was enough of a mandate for change.

So Bondy is correct not to canvass - but he has no control over others - unless Minutes of the Elect Bondy Action Group (EBAG) come to light.

How this is policed is beyond me - unless someone is willing to volunteer to shadow prospective BoS members to ensure they dont talk about it ...

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
When discussing this on the BoS site, there were 3/4 people who felt that this rule should be amended so that only canvassing which incur costs and negative campaigning against other candidates - but the rest didnt respond so the Trust Secretary didnt feel there was enough of a mandate for change.
The fact that a large proportion of the current BoS couldn't be bothered to respond on the issue seems to speak volumes!

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently they were - but I dont remember seeing them at the time - hence starting the thread - plus the fact that the prior secretary had decided to use my middle name which meant I felt I had to make sure people knew I was standing..
I wasn't having a pop at you or nowt for starting the thread, especially as there was an issue with how your name appeared. I was just curious as to whether it was a new thing given what Martin L had said earlier on this thread.

Either way, tis a silly rule.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't having a pop at you or nowt for starting the thread, especially as there was an issue with how your name appeared. I was just curious as to whether it was a new thing given what Martin L had said earlier on this thread.

Either way, tis a silly rule.
It is ... as previously mentioned it was kept on following advice from Supporters Direct - and led to some personal embarassment as I had advised Bondy it was all now clear ...

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Yeah it did but thankfully I was conscientous enough to check in with the man in the know. I am a little worried that people may think what has said on here and other threads is flouting the rules. I wouldn't want to be disqualified on a technicality

LOG

Bondy out!

Poultice

I wouldn't want to be disqualified on a technicality
I have been advised that you may nor be such a stickler for the rules as you would have us believe.

Word is that you stand in allocated seating areas.

Firstly is this true ?

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I have been advised that you may nor be such a stickler for the rules as you would have us believe.

Word is that you stand in allocated seating areas.

Firstly is this true ?
I always stand in the Big Bank for home games

Poultice

I always stand in the Big Bank for home games
Don't be evasive Bonders, I can easily take my valuable support elsewhere, Larry has made me an offer it will be hard to ignore.

SimonBB

Don't be evasive Bonders, I can easily take my valuable support elsewhere, Larry has made me an offer it will be hard to ignore.
Also vote Larry has managed to stay on Word on Well Street. I definately saw Bond stand at Wembley if that helps.