• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club shop!

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
The look, feel and usability of that site is abysmal. Fact is that this could be a reasonable revenue stream for the club, yet they produce something this bad is beyond belief. If nobody employed by the club knows anything about E-Commerce, and based on this they clearly don't, then they should be looking either to Trust Membership or an outside agency to fill the gap, it would pay for itself.

Quite frankly the whole setup is an embarrassment

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmmm.....very user friendly.....The new shirts (home and away) are at the bottom of the page, rather than the top.

If you click on the product (Home Shirt 2014/15), the next screen has a drop down box in which the only option is the Home Shirt 2013/14. Now then, if ordered, do you get the new one or the old one?? Lucky dip?

But wait....it gets better!! With the away shirt the same thing happens (only option in the drop down box is the 2013/14 shirt) and the only colour optin is ......err.....red and white stripes!!

Clever......

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

Looks like the new shirts are online, no size guide though.

Is the shirt size fairly accurate to that labelled?
The new shirts are very tight fitting and I would recommend going up at least one size than the one you usually choose. I tried on both Large and X Large and I still wasn't completely satisfied that these were big enough.

One other point, the new home shirt has the logo's printed onto the fabric, whilst the black away kit the logos are stuck on.

Pete Martin (CTID)

One other point, the new home shirt has the logo's printed onto the fabric, whilst the black away kit the logos are stuck on.
Beware the "JMC Group" logo on the back of the home shirt though. That is stuck on. My mate took one to the counter on Saturday only to see that two of the letters were already lifting off. I put mine in a gentle wash yesterday at 30° to get the creases out and my "C" is hanging off already. Probably better to let the whole lot go than end up with "MC up" or similar!!

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Beware the "JMC Group" logo on the back of the home shirt though. That is stuck on. My mate took one to the counter on Saturday only to see that two of the letters were already lifting off. I put mine in a gentle wash yesterday at 30° to get the creases out and my "C" is hanging off already. Probably better to let the whole lot go than end up with "MC up" or similar!!
I believe the JMC logos have all had to put on in the shop. No idea why it couldn't have been done during the manufacture process.

Terryhall

As an exiled Grecian myself it's not easy for me to pop down to the Park and pick stuff up in person.

I spent 6 years of my life working in small / start-up online retailers from 2001 to 2007 and what we had back then was infinitely better than what the club has now.

There are plenty of Grecian supporters groups which proves that there is a market for supporters that are not in Exeter - the shop could be a material revenue stream with just a little additional effort (and probably no extra expense either, there are a whole range of "free" online shop builders which would put our shop to shame). Especially at the moment, with the new kit just being launched, it's practically criminal that the new home kit is so poorly promoted on the shop, and that it isn't even possible to order online with a name on the back (I tried to do that last season with "user comments", and of course when the shirt came it was nameless.)

I'm more than willing to put some of my free time in to find other solutions that would be better, as well as any setting up and what have you - the downside being it would need someone on the club side to then manage the day-to-day of order processing etc (although presumably this is already in place for the current shop). Anyone know who I could speak to at the club about this (and whether I'm wasting my time and I'll get a short two-word answer if I do?)

Pete Martin (CTID)

..........Anyone know who I could speak to at the club about this (and whether I'm wasting my time and I'll get a short two-word answer if I do?)
I have already offered to help out with online sales but was told (politely) "no thanks, the new club shop will be online on Saturday 2nd". No harm in you trying again though. I'm not sure who is actually in overall charge of it, maybe Denis Lee? Lez would know, probably.

Taz

As you know I have found the customer 'experience' lamentable on a couple of occasions in the club shop, and have vowed never to return. That said, if you're going to give one of our few full time employees (I assume) a title like shop manager then it's seems logical to me to give them the responsibility of all aspects of the club's retail operation and perhaps use the unpaid volunteers to assist rather have them produce a sub-standard web presence as they have appeared to have done. As usual with the business side of the club it comes across as a bit of a dysfunctional shambles.
I went in to the club shop on Saturday pre-match (about 1.30pm) and bought 2 'new style' kids kits and an adults away new one. The service was absolutely BRILLIANT... they even managed to get the shirts printed before the match, despite the massive demand on the shop that day. So I'm afraid you can keep harping on about the past all you like but the present seems a lot more positive then your 'dated' experiences I'm afraid.

Terryhall

Just to be clear, my post was just referring to the online shop - whenever I am back in Exeter and have the chance to visit the physical club shop I have always found the staff there to be great.

Pete, thanks for the reply - I guess it can't hurt to ask the question, will try to find out who I need to speak to.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went in to the club shop on Saturday pre-match (about 1.30pm) and bought 2 'new style' kids kits and an adults away new one. The service was absolutely BRILLIANT... they even managed to get the shirts printed before the match, despite the massive demand on the shop that day. So I'm afraid you can keep harping on about the past all you like but the present seems a lot more positive then your 'dated' experiences I'm afraid.
Well bloody said!