• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
All managers want quick signings in before pre-season starts. The reality can often be different. All about the right signing rather than the quick ones. If they can be both then you're laughing.

andrew p long

All managers want quick signings in before pre-season starts. The reality can often be different. All about the right signing rather than the quick ones. If they can be both then you're laughing.
Indeed. The best players will be in demand. Aim high and we'll find many of our targets end up elsewhere for more money. Its not just about Plan A, but B,C and D...

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
rumours from Gary's north of the border tentacles with Stevie May and Mark O' Hara on the radar

iscalad

rumours from Gary's north of the border tentacles with Stevie May and Mark O' Hara on the radar
Stevie may would be a good signing.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. The best players will be in demand. Aim high and we'll find many of our targets end up elsewhere for more money.
I think that's what happened last summer.

Grecian Max

Last summer was painful, MT clearly struggled and thought we were a better pull than we actually were.

Hopefully this time round we can be talking about 5/6 signings by June.

InMyBlood

I think we will always need to be patient. Good players will generally have multiple offers and will want to assess their options before committing.
And it depends on the outgoings; How quickly they happen plus amounts offered.

red1

Stevie May just signed a 2 1/2 yr extension in jan. would take a proper bid to get him.

budegrecian

Stevie May just signed a 2 1/2 yr extension in jan. would take a proper bid to get him.
I'm guessing he would be the replacement for Super Sam, if he leaves, which would give us the funds to make a bid.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing he would be the replacement for Super Sam, if he leaves, which would give us the funds to make a bid.
Tiz all about value for money I guess things all boil down to whether there is better value out there for similar players. At this stage clubs often are sounding out numerous players to see if they even know where Exeter even is and would they contemplate a move which would totally uproot their family? Some will some wont but in Gary I trust