• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw Tom Robinson a couple of weeks back here in Stourbridge.

(a friend has taken up stewarding. He did four nights watching Take That in Birmingham!)
I recall seeing The TRB back in the day as a 17 year old. Good that he’s still on the circuit.
A great story that Tom recounted on a radio interview last year. He met Marc Bolan, I think it was backstage on Marc’s TV show(of the same name) He had heard rumours about Toms sexuality(this was 1977,don’t forget) Tom replied, it is true, he was gay, Marc smiled & gave him a ‘French kiss’ 😎

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

And then I'll be off to see Taylor Swift 5 days later at Wembley. Eclectic is what I is.
It will be a great show no doubt.

I know the tickets are pricey. As a matter of interest how much were the ‘add ons’ per ticket ?

Bridgy 81

I recall seeing The TRB back in the day as a 17 year old. Good that he’s still on the circuit.
A great story that Tom recounted on a radio interview last year. He met Marc Bolan, I think it was backstage on Marc’s TV show(of the same name) He had heard rumours about Toms sexuality(this was 1977,don’t forget) Tom replied, it was true, he was gay, Marc smiled & gave him a ‘French kiss’ 😎
Tom Robinson played at my local Arts Centre last week.
I liked his stuff back in the day but I’m afraid I didn’t feel inclined to see him this time around.

Oldsmobile-88

Tom Robinson played at my local Arts Centre last week.
I liked his stuff back in the day but I’m afraid I didn’t feel inclined to see him this time around.
Yep..I know what you mean. A few I watched in my younger days, I would not watch now.

andrew p long

A great story that Tom recounted on a radio interview last year. He met Marc Bolan, I think it was backstage on Marc’s TV show(of the same name) He had heard rumours about Toms sexuality(this was 1977,don’t forget) Tom replied, it is true, he was gay, Marc smiled & gave him a ‘French kiss’ 😎
It was Tom Robinson solo that I saw. A great night out. Some say he's best on the pub circuit; he has a fascinating life story and loads of good anecdotes.

I particularly liked the one about when he was unmasked by the gutter tabloid press for being in a sexual relationship with...erm...a woman (he's since married, had children and a recent song has been about the loss when children leave home).

The headline was apparently 'Britain's number one gay in affair with female biker'. Robinson recalls thinking 'Jimmy Somerville won't like that headline..'

The TRB is on tour this autumn including Exeter Phoenix on 20 October. Recommended.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster

I know the tickets are pricey. As a matter of interest how much were the ‘add ons’ per ticket ?
I think it will be too.
Good question, I didn’t buy them but will try to find out and come back to you.

berniesworld

Pet Shop Boys in Brum tonight, excellent as always…………and Neil Tennant is 70 next month!

Avening Posse

Boney M at the Enmore theatre in Sydney last night. More like being at a massive 1970’s disco. Lots of 70’s dressing up in the crowd. Awesome 😎

I paid for 2 tickets for Taylor Swift for my daughter and her then boyfriend. They are no longer an item so i am going FFS. She wans me to dress up all in pink with a pink Top Hat...WTF. This is costing me over £650 and that is not including the outfit and London accommodation. The cost to my credibility cannot be measured. Thankfully I am going deaf in one year on account of all the punk concerts I went to over the last 40 years and I know nothing of Taylor Swift.

Dress up all in pink...am I fck

DB9

I paid for 2 tickets for Taylor Swift for my daughter and her then boyfriend. They are no longer an item so i am going FFS. She wans me to dress up all in pink with a pink Top Hat...WTF. This is costing me over £650 and that is not including the outfit and London accommodation. The cost to my credibility cannot be measured. Thankfully I am going deaf in one year on account of all the punk concerts I went to over the last 40 years and I know nothing of Taylor Swift.

Dress up all in pink...am I fck
Surely as a parent it is your job to embarrass your child, I'd suggest if you still have some of your Punk gear from the 70's and they still fit is to wear them and then see the look on your daughter's face! :)