• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

Smithyno6

I honestly hate to think of doing things this way but I refuse to pay £25 to go and watch that absolute dross until he is gone. The fact the board aren’t listening to how the fans feel and continue to support this rubbish, I refuse to pay extra than to watch on ifollow.

for me, this isn’t about being loyal, this is the fact the board are clearly ignoring the fans. So, we can splash cash in January but can’t get rid of his contract? Why did we even take him on such a long contract when he was problem to be crap.

it all started from last year when he got rid of Tim & played Key LW & ST for me.

Someone give GC apple taxis number. I will pay to be in the stadium when he’s gone, even if the form carried on, but to not even have a back bone and let this continue is awful.

Gordon Dale

I see that we missed the opportunity of pulling the required signatures at the AGM to call a Special General Meeting and the mood has got worse since I posted the above message. We have a home game on Tuesday, so there might be more than 200 Trust members in attendance who's be happy to put their name to paper.

One solution might be putting an exercise book on the real ale bar in the Centrespot with a label on the front saying "the Trust Members who have signed this book wish to call a Special General Meeting at the earliest opportunity". Inside there are four columns, the first column headed Number, with rows underneath starting at 1, next 2 etc, so at a glance those that need to can see the requite number of members have signed. Second column "Name", Third column "Trust Membership Number" and Fourth column "Signature". All that is needed is sufficient members that want change to sign the book, then a venue, time and a suitably worded agenda/proposal

I am sure democracy is quite easy and as I hinted at before, if there are insufficient signatures or the popular opinion on here gets voted down, the so be it. Action like this, pitch-fork free, might focus the minds of those elected Trustees into something more than an endless vote of confidence,
I'm happy to sign on Tuesday night but would suggest that it might be more sensible to await the outcome of the Shrewsbury match ? If that is another defeat then I judge that the Port Vale home game would mot certainly galvanise a wave of support for a Trust EGM resolution . The extra week would also give time for the resolution to be objectively and comprehensively drafted?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thistle had been relegated. Form was mediocre although we had a decent squad. He came in and ripped everything up and started afresh. Many of his signings were truly awful. Murmurings from the dressing room were that he just wasn't at the races. A lot of flip charts and mindfulness but players were blowing out their ar*es after 60 minutes.
Tactics were non existent.
Substitutions baffling.
No plan B when needed.
The players weren't playing for him.
Taking players on team building with the sas then as a surprise having one of the younger boys kidnapped and thrown in a van.. this was supposed to be character building. The lad was allegedly troubled by this for a while.
Got rid of a club legend (who is now manager).the player found out from the media.
The players chucked it.
New manager came in and during interviews says that the club was left in a terrible state which is unusual to hear that sort of condemnation among managers.
Apparently interviews very well and talks a good game. Unfortunately can't manage one.. he rarely lasts a year.
Of all of those I think the one that rings true most for me is "No Plan B" be it for a change of tactics during a match or to accommodate the injury problems that have beset us this season.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Thank you both. At the end of the day football is all about genuine supporters. As such we recognise that our team won't win every match.
Yeah that's the thing, even when were top of the league I was waiting for the other penny to drop because I don't expect us to win every match, I don't expect us to be competitive for promotion this season etc.

What I do expect is to not get completely blown out by the top clubs in our division and losing to all the crap ones. I also expect us to not roll over to have our bellies tickled every single game - losing doesn't feel so bad when we at least put in half a performance and just come up short/get unlucky/get screwed by the refs/etc.

There's nothing here at the moment. No fight, no ideas and no talent on the pitch or in the dugout.

Mid Devon Grecian

Thistle had been relegated. Form was mediocre although we had a decent squad. He came in and ripped everything up and started afresh. Many of his signings were truly awful. Murmurings from the dressing room were that he just wasn't at the races. A lot of flip charts and mindfulness but players were blowing out their ar*es after 60 minutes.
Substitutions baffling.
No plan B when needed.
Taking players on team building with the sas then as a surprise having one of the younger boys kidnapped and thrown in a van.. this was supposed to be character building. The lad was allegedly troubled by this for a while.
Got rid of a club legend (who is now manager).the player found out from the media.
The players chucked it.
New manager came in and during interviews says that the club was left in a terrible state which is unusual to hear that sort of condemnation among managers.
Apparently interviews very well and talks a good game. Unfortunately can't manage one.. he rarely lasts a year.
Thanks.

The only advancement appears to be an upgrade from flip charts to PowerPoint!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of flip charts and mindfulness but players were blowing out their ar*es after 60 minutes.
This fitness question makes me more confident about my theory wrt the excessively tough preseason. Come into the season with more energy than most clubs, be at an advantage for a month or so, then tank. Anyone got stats on metres run etc? We've also signed good players who have big fitness question marks, ... Notably Carroll. Is he done now? Do we anticipate him getting back to league one level?

Feels like this stuff is not being professionally managed and then it's considered a mitigating factor.

Last edited:

Djg123

Substitutions baffling.
No plan B when needed.
The players chucked it.
This post alone shows the incompetence of our board members that they felt fit to employ a man with this managerial record not only at thistle but also at chesterfield. what a surprise he’s ended up doing the exact same to us. If he’s not gone in the morning some serious pressure need to be put on these board members and their jobs.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have just finished watching the match replay.

First half decent performance GC’s plan working but problem defending so deep handed control of midfield to Bolton.

We started to get into the game around 30th minute but a brilliant bit of play by Bolton 34th minute saw a cross headed home.

In fairness to Gary and the team this was nothing to do with poor defending and was an excellent move from Bolton. Also to be fair there was no sign of heads dropping and although Bolton were now showing their undoubted class the City players were sticking to their task and it took another excellent bit of football by Bolton to score their second very close to halftime.

Bolton were now showing why with a win they would be going to the top of the league.

Third goal 55th minute resulted after a period of our chasing shadows with Bolton in total control and a little indecision in our defence.

This was the killer goal and a fourth goal followed only a few minutes later after some more excellent play from Bolton.

Personally I don’t think it was a bad defensive performance and not fair to say that we rolled over but we were just well and truly outclassed.

87th minute another superb corner by Bolton headed home for their 6 th

92nd minute 7th goal a super strike and City defence not at fault.

Right up to the final whistle Bolton never eased off and their pressure was utterly relentless. Not sure how many of the other league one teams could have lived with that

Start with Wildschut and play like that against Shrewsbury and we may even come away with a draw albeit a goalless one.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Substitutions baffling.
No plan B when needed.
The players chucked it.
Jeez.

It gets worse and worse.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have just finished watching the match replay.

First half decent performance GC’s plan working but problem defending so deep handed control of midfield to Bolton.

We started to get into the game around 30th minute but a brilliant bit of play by Bolton 34th minute saw a cross headed home.

In fairness to Gary and the team this was nothing to do with poor defending and was an excellent move from Bolton. Also to be fair there was no sign of heads dropping and although Bolton were now showing their undoubted class the City players were sticking to their task and it took another excellent bit of football by Bolton to score their second very close to halftime.

Bolton were now showing why with a win they would be going to the top of the league.

Third goal 55th minute resulted after a period of our chasing shadows with Bolton in total control and a little indecision in our defence.

This was the killer goal and a fourth goal followed only a few minutes later after some more excellent play from Bolton.

Personally I don’t think it was a bad defensive performance and not fair to say that we rolled over but we were just well and truly outclassed.

87th minute another superb corner by Bolton headed home for their 6 th

92nd minute 7th goal a super strike and City defence not at fault.

Right up to the final whistle Bolton never eased off and their pressure was utterly relentless. Not sure how many of the other league one teams could have lived with that

Start with Wildschut and play like that against Shrewsbury and we may even come away with a draw albeit a goalless one.
You're dreaming. This wasn't vs Man City in a cup game. "Outclassed by a better team" was last time out against Fleetwood. This was annihilated by a decent league one side.