• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans on train making headlines in Devon live

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Youre a fvcking clown.
You're an illiterate clown.

denzel

Depressing thread.
If they were true City fans they would have watched MTs interview pre match, which was on the lines of 'respect our fans, respect the team, respect their team'.

They either don't care what he says or don't listen to it. Either way, they have no place in the club.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Oh dear. Instead of trying to be the smartarse, can't you just condone inappropriate behaviour? The Club has values and expects supporters to behave in a certain manner. The alleged behaviour is clearly outside those parameters, so if an investigation proves that to be the case, then those individuals will rightly be banned. Whether those individuals are passionate fans of the club or not, is irrelevant. They are not welcome.
So you can now be banned from Exeter City Football Club IF you have been found to using offensive language OUTSIDE and AWAY from the ground ?

Feck me , I know when I was in the Armed Forces and you got in a bit of trouble away from the barracks you could be reprimanded if found to be guilty of "bringing the service into disrepute" Didn't realise you can have the same imposed by a football club.

i8cornwall

Can a mod please start a moral outrage section on this forum please, seems to be every other week we have some sort of meltdown on here because someone said or did something bad/stupid/offensive.

I'm not condoning any of these people apparent actions but seems to me that some sections of our support are getting quicker and quicker to jump on there moral highhorse or looking to find things to be offended by so they can come out with the usual:

"these people aren't wanted at the club"

Then a few days later come out with the usual:

"Club has no money" lines..... even if you don't like these people or agree with there actions they have as much right to follow the club as you do as we'd miss there hard earned being spent on the club soon enough!

Banksy

Disgusting. Not real city fans. BTP are investigating this as a hate crime now.

I heard some racist epithets at the Rovers game. I wasnt sure who said it so couldnt report them to a steward but it was pretty awful.
Chuck ‘em out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So you can now be banned from Exeter City Football Club IF you have been found to using offensive language OUTSIDE and AWAY from the ground ?

Feck me , I know when I was in the Armed Forces and you got in a bit of trouble away from the barracks you could be reprimanded if found to be guilty of "bringing the service into disrepute" Didn't realise you can have the same imposed by a football club.
This is indeed true. As far as I know you don't even have to been present at an actual football match. These rules don't apply to those indulging in similar behaviour having come from a horse racing meeting or from a boxing venue. The instruction to CPS is that football fans arrested for bad behaviour should always be prosecuted.

Two different types of banning orders. There is a club one, that doesn't need a prosecution and will only be for home games. Then a police requested one, that means an individual will be banned from all football games on England and Wales and will have to surrender their passports when England are playing abroad.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Can a mod please start a moral outrage section on this forum please, seems to be every other week we have some sort of meltdown on here because someone said or did something bad/stupid/offensive.

I'm not condoning any of these people apparent actions but seems to me that some sections of our support are getting quicker and quicker to jump on there moral highhorse or looking to find things to be offended by so they can come out with the usual:

"these people aren't wanted at the club"

Then a few days later come out with the usual:

"Club has no money" lines..... even if you don't like these people or agree with there actions they have as much right to follow the club as you do as we'd miss there hard earned being spent on the club soon enough!
The club has no Russian money lines....

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
This is indeed true. As far as I know you don't even have to been present at an actual football match. These rules don't apply to those indulging in similar behaviour having come from a horse racing meeting or from a boxing venue. The instruction to CPS is that football fans arrested for bad behaviour should always be prosecuted.

Two different types of banning orders. There is a club one, that doesn't need a prosecution and will only be for home games. Then a police requested one, that means an individual will be banned from all football games on England and Wales and will have to surrender their passports when England are playing abroad.
Let me get this right , If I am involved in a fight or hurl abuse with someone from another club even if it is nothing to do with the club (lets say on a non match day for instance) I can be banned from attending home matches because I happen to be a City fan ? Don't be ridiculous !
You'll have to ban 3/4 of the Big Bank and 1/3 of each of the Stanno / Doble stands , Me included for calling Brett a fat f*cker.

I realise some people have led sheltered lives and get offended with not enough "likes" on the colour of their new nails on facebook/twatter etc but some really do need to grow up before they grow into miserable old barstewards.

denzel

Let me get this right , If I am involved in a fight or hurl abuse with someone from another club even if it is nothing to do with the club (lets say on a non match day for instance) I can be banned from attending home matches because I happen to be a City fan ? Don't be ridiculous !
You'll have to ban 3/4 of the Big Bank and 1/3 of each of the Stanno / Doble stands , Me included for calling Brett a fat f*cker.

I realise some people have led sheltered lives and get offended with not enough "likes" on the colour of their new nails on facebook/twatter etc but some really do need to grow up before they grow into miserable old barstewards.
A bit of a difference between shouting stuff at Huxtable and abusing and swearing at a woman on a train. Sounds like you almost approve of it.

Boyo

I'm certainly not condoning anything, however whether they are passionate or not is entirely relevant as you stated they weren't City fans. Well how do you know?
I didn't say they weren't City fans. I said whether they were or not was irrelevant. I said that they weren't welcome.