• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans on train making headlines in Devon live

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No. I said they were not REAL city fans, learn to read. they clearly dont hold the clubs values and ethos to heart and have done something so disgusting that they should not be associated with the club.
I can read fine thanks, however seeing as we’re giving out orders here perhaps you might learn to write. Anyway, who are you to say who are or aren’t real fans? So what if they don’t hold the same values and ethos of the club - I’m not sure I do as to be perfectly honest I’m not entirely sure what they are - why do you have to align your thinking with the club to be a real fan?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The woman said: "I was frightened and nervous for my safety." Clearly, these people have crossed the line.
She also said "she believed them to be City fans" So they could have been a few lads out on the beer

ExmouthMart

Anyone know the full facts about this or is it just because it’s ‘football fans’?! People having a few drinks and a sing song on a train is completely different to racist or whatever abuse. Clarify what exactly happened and then react accordingly.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think you can kick them out of the club if the incident was outside the ground as its not football related.
Reasonably sure, like a publican, the club can choose to ban whoever it sees fit. Back in the day, I got banned by Russell & Lewis for giving out flyers suggesting their motives may have been less than honourable. Seemed pretty unjust even before their arrest but, unfortunately, there was precious little I could do about it.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone know the full facts about this or is it just because it’s ‘football fans’?! People having a few drinks and a sing song on a train is completely different to racist or whatever abuse. Clarify what exactly happened and then react accordingly.
The police are investigating a hate crime, which is a pretty serious allegation. Just to be clear, are you suggesting abuse is acceptable if the perpetrators have had a few drinks and it comes in the form of a song?!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
She also said "she believed them to be City fans" So they could have been a few lads out on the beer
I was on the train and I am almost certain they were at the game. How they got through the turnstyles though is anyone's guess as they were wasted!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I was on the train and I am almost certain they were at the game. How they got through the turnstyles though is anyone's guess as they were wasted!
Almost certain wouldnt hold up in a court though Martin , I'm almost certain who actually shot JFK but cant do anything about it.

i8cornwall

Almost certain wouldnt hold up in a court though Martin , I'm almost certain who actually shot JFK but cant do anything about it.
Lets hope it wasnt a city fan, enough moral outrage at the moment as it is!

Matt Russell

Distinct lack of CCTV in the early 60's.
Not so on trains to Exeter these days.

Andy_H

I was also on the same train in the next carriage and can guarantee that they were City fans. The group had arrived, wearing City colours and singing & chanting City songs, about 5 minutes before the train arrived. They had been on the train in the morning and were well 'oiled' by the time they got to Bristol. In the evening at BTM, unbeknown to them although the train arrived with 8 carriages it split at Bristol with only the forward 4 coaches going on to Exeter. The station staff had informed some of the passengers to head to the front 4 coaches if they wanted a better chance of getting a seat as the 'group' were stood ready to get onto the part of the train that was staying in Bristol and they, the station staff, were going to have to tell them, the group, the good news.
While i did not witness the incident, the fact that the Train Manager, a middle aged female and the only Cross Country rep onboard, apart from the driver, made the announcement to the whole train apologising for the lengthy delay at Taunton, citing 'fighting and bullying', asking those involved to cease what they were doing plus the distressed tone of her voice, and informing everyone that BTP had been requested to attend told other passengers just how serious she took the incident to have been.