• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby home - Discussion and Prediction Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Need some advice for tomorrow please people: I'm looking for a pub in Exeter which has a pool table. I'll be coming in from the M5 and parking up near The Stoke Arms. I know the Stoke used to have a pool table as I used to go there a lot when I was younger, but I've heard it's a bit rough now so probably not one to recommend. I like the Vic but that hasn't got a pool table, has it? Anywhere you'd recommend?
Are you travelling down on the away supporters coach, FBH?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need some advice for tomorrow please people: I'm looking for a pub in Exeter which has a pool table. I'll be coming in from the M5 and parking up near The Stoke Arms. I know the Stoke used to have a pool table as I used to go there a lot when I was younger, but I've heard it's a bit rough now so probably not one to recommend. I like the Vic but that hasn't got a pool table, has it? Anywhere you'd recommend?
The Vic does have a pool table, I was in the Vic before the Posh game however it was rammed full of students so it's unlikely you'll get a game!

Go to All Stars on Sidwell Street if you want to play pool.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Bowling Green has one and is on your route. Gets a bit busy in there though.

Stoke Arms is fine under new management and not rough when I went there recently. Still has a pool table. Best option is the Bowling Green in Blackboy Road which also has a pool table. Usually three real ales and good pizzas and also the ambience of the landlord, Nigel, who is a bit Basil Fawlty at times!!!

They look to have really struggled with fluidity and results recently (granted I've not watched their full games).

I'd like to see us try and ride the crest of our current wave, spurred on by a packed out SJP, putting them under proper pressure early on and try to get an early goal and let our confidence flow.

Even if they turn it on and are too good for us, I'd like to see us take the opportunity to get SJP bouncing with a proper 'let's have a go' attitude.

Cheick and Cox to score, proper entertaining ding-dong of a game. 2-2.

Oldsmobile-88

All Stars Bar, Sidwell Street is your best bet or Henry’s Bar which is not as busy pre match as the other pubs mentioned.

Antony Moxey

Bit of a bump back down to earth I think. The Bristol Rovers game sold out on the back of a number of decent results and a decent transfer window, especially late on - we then froze on the night and the subsequent Peterborough attendance suffered accordingly. We've had a couple of good results again but at home we're poor. 0-2 if we're lucky I reckon, in front of a full house minus one.

TOP_CITY_FAN

The Stoke Arms is fine nowadays. The old owners of The Vic and Wells Tavern now run it. Some young lads, students or former students I believe.

The deluder

1-3 Derby.

arthur

Bit of a bump back down to earth I think. The Bristol Rovers game sold out on the back of a number of decent results and a decent transfer window, especially late on - we then froze on the night and the subsequent Peterborough attendance suffered accordingly. We've had a couple of good results again but at home we're poor. 0-2 if we're lucky I reckon, in front of a full house minus one.
Our best performances are usually in front of the lowest crowds. And vice versa. Twas ever thus