• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No they won't. The FA are very determined in making sure Tribunal decisions are implemented, and have teeth. Look at the steps they took to make sure Stevenage paid up for Dunne's appearances.

As others have said, this is a relatively trivial sum to Chelsea, and it's not in their hands anyway. They may moan and groan but will pay up promptly. They also have the Solanke tribunal context to factor in.
Please see Ramone's comments about the Solanke thingy. I'm afraid your track record about the tribunal doesn't inspire me, JW. I know you'll hate me for this but I do have to remind you that 6 weeks ago you said that you were confident the tribunal would sit two weeks after that date, and we're still waiting.

IndoMike

Pity Amps didn't choose Arsenal : think they're a more gentlemanly club than Chelsea.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just imagine the negotiations between Tisdale and Wenger.....2 proper chaps

IndoMike

Just imagine the negotiations between Tisdale and Wenger.....2 proper chaps
Absolutely. They'd have given us twice the money we asked for.

Zi Zou

2 million up front
3 million possible add ons
15% of future transfers

You heard it here 1st

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
2 million up front
3 million possible add ons
15% of future transfers

You heard it here 1st
I bet the cheque is in the post already !

flakey pasty

Pity Amps didn't choose Arsenal : think they're a more gentlemanly club than Chelsea.
As I mentioned many posts ago, Chelsea are going perceived by the local business community as notoriously difficult to get money out of. So yes Mike, you are correct.

IndoMike

As I mentioned many posts ago, Chelsea are going perceived by the local business community as notoriously difficult to get money out of. So yes Mike, you are correct.
Yes, Flakey, I had that feeling.

Exehausted

They always have been. In 94 I was on a course about firms factoring their debts and the guy running it said that dealing with football clubs wasn't as fraught with danger as you might think, because most clubs owned their own grounds so you always got your money in the end. I know a lot of clubs have had their grounds hived off now so it's probably different, but back then, Chelsea under Ken Bates were well ahead of the curve. He said that his firm had looked at doing business with them but he said a search found it impossible to find out which part of the club was owned by who. Chelsea village owned some of it, Chelsea Hotel owned another part and so it went on and they were the only club that they turned down.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Let's get this to 200 pages! :)