• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United (H) EFL D2 Match Day Thread

I'd have been happy with Josh Randall as left wing back.
Need to gently introduce these young guys into the team - now is not the time for experimenting.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dire opening 45 minutes from City didn’t really deserve to go into the break level after such a poor showing.....second half a greatly improved display and ran out worthy winners in the end despite Cambridge missing a couple of a Golden opportunities...thought Lee Martin pulled the team along again with his non stop running and effort...Tom Parkes was superb MoM

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We really, and I mean really, missed Atangana. Especially Ist half.

He has got to come back in as soon as his suspension is over. But who makes way? I guess it has to be Taylor or Collins.

grecIAN Harris

Need to gently introduce these young guys into the team - now is not the time for experimenting.
And trying to see if a player with no notion of using his left on the left isn't experimenting. What's needs to be done, needs to be done because we don't have any other options that Taylor seems willing to facilitate and if that means Joel Randall is to be picked then so be it. If he's good enough, he's old enough.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube hightlights

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yet Richardson is a younger than Joel? Granted slow intro but perhaps more than 5/10 minutes or even the 2 that Chrisene had so that they can have a chance to get a feel for the game.

DB9

I don't think we have the luxury as a L2 club with a small squad that if injuries and suspensions get out of hand we can just bring someone in, Even the big clubs have youngsters on the bench because of injuries so much as I want the strongest squad available other things dictate and if MT thinks a young player can do the job so be it, We have to trust his judgement

STURTZ

So playing Richardson on the left isn't an experiment? Oh Christ!

STURTZ

Love the interplay between Law, Williams and Martin in the build up to our first goal!

exeter-loyal

Love the interplay between Law, Williams and Martin in the build up to our first goal!
Great move by great players, class!