• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United (H) EFL D2 Match Day Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree that Richardson hasn't made a great start in that position, but he does need to be given a chance. Some on here would have dropped Sweeney, Bowman and others during the season but the manager's judgment has proved correct on those.

Every single other League Two club will be looking at Randell Williams and coveting him. He may end up as the best player in the division at the end of the season, definitely in his position anyway. I still fail to see how he is being played "out of position" every week and this still be the case. Every single game he does something that leads to a big chance being created. His link up play with Collins and Sweeney yesterday was brilliant second half. By the way, I thought Archie was superb at times yesterday and was a close second to Parkes for MoM.
i think the criticism of Jayden is a little excessive. He's clearly not a natural left-back but we've picked up 7 points in the three games he's played there and I don't think he was at fault for either of the two goals we've conceded either.

As for Randell I think he's already one of, if not the, best wingers in league 2. He's certainly right up there in the stats for chances created and assists and is now adding goals to his game as well.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
As for Randell I think he's already one of, if not the, best wingers in league 2. He's certainly right up there in the stats for chances created and assists and is now adding goals to his game as well.
Not to mention his gymnastic skills!!! Must be amongst the best, not just in the EFL, but the entire "pyramid"

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The other one is Lee Martin who according to some loud voices on here wasn't worth the shirt but has contributed vital goals in the recent run and his perfectly weighted pass for Law to give him the space to set up Bowman for the opener was top drawer.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The other one is Lee Martin who according to some loud voices on here wasn't worth the shirt but has contributed vital goals in the recent run and his perfectly weighted pass for Law to give him the space to set up Bowman for the opener was top drawer.
Similar perfectly weighted passes in the Walsall game as well. Simple but high quality. Opens teams up. He also works the keeper when he gets a sniff more than most.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Criticism of Richardson playing left back is not a criticism of him, it's criticism of the fact that he is being played hopelessly out of position, in fact playing him there is hindering his development. As for us gaining 7 points from his stint at lefty back well I think that is testament to the rest of the defence and a certain amount of luck. Teams have recognised he is a weak link and do target it but up to now he has been well covered. Judge him uncomfortably on his wrong foot trying to shepherd a ball over the goal line in the Cambridge highlights, their player nicks it and we are fortunate it doesn't end with a goal for them.

...also when all is said and done what's wrong with using our own youth rather than a loanee when possible.

Ash

Criticism of Richardson playing left back is not a criticism of him, it's criticism of the fact that he is being played hopelessly out of position, in fact playing him there is hindering his development. As for us gaining 7 points from his stint at lefty back well I think that is testament to the rest of the defence and a certain amount of luck. Teams have recognised he is a weak link and do target it but up to now he has been well covered. Judge him uncomfortably on his wrong foot trying to shepherd a ball over the goal line in the Cambridge highlights, their player nicks it and we are fortunate it doesn't end with a goal for them.

...also when all is said and done what's wrong with using our own youth rather than a loanee when possible.
I was sitting in the NOG right in front of Richardson when he tried to shepherd that ball out. It was nothing to do with his wrong foot, it always looked like it wasn't going out and it was simply bad judgement from Jayden. Whilst he's very raw, I like him and I think he'll have a good career going forward.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was sitting in the NOG right in front of Richardson when he tried to shepherd that ball out. It was nothing to do with his wrong foot, it always looked like it wasn't going out and it was simply bad judgement from Jayden. Whilst he's very raw, I like him and I think he'll have a good career going forward.
He's got blistering pace when he puts his foot on the gas. Don't see a lot else though, to be honest.

IBA

Yes, you’re correct (for once), it is too simplistic.
Taking of simplistic arguments its ironic that this statement is from Ant Moxey Exeweb's no1 Climate Change Denier!!

Andy Holloway

Taking of simplistic arguments its ironic that this statement is from Ant Moxey Exeweb's no1 Climate Change Denier!!
I never had Ant down as this!
A denier is a unit of measurement that expresses fiber thickness of individual threads or filaments in fabric or textiles. This is done by using a single strand of silk as a reference for one denier where 9000m of the strand would equal one gram. Standard fabrics are typically between 40d and 80d.

Legohead

Banned
He's got blistering pace when he puts his foot on the gas. Don't see a lot else though, to be honest.
100% agree. Lightweight also.