• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Lincoln City Matchday Thread.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely a calm head in that situation. Plenty of shouting for Sweenz to knock it in himself around me and quite a bit of groaning when he didn't and passed to Demi. But we want to create one on ones for our quicker players and Demi did what he is good at.
That was how it seemed to me standing a few yards from him.
It would have been simple enough for him to float a diagonal ball in but that would have probably not done much.
He was aware Carroll was coming into space and pushes the ball to Demi so that Demi has three options - back to Sweenz, short angled pass to Carroll or a low cross.
Bingo.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor first half but I think we were lacking confidence given the recent results. We grew into the game and were much improved in tthe second half.

James Scott's best game in a City shirt? I think so, although should have scored with his first half header near the end.

Admiral Muskwe, Premier League? You have to be fooking joking. He does nothing other than stand around, normally in an offside position. He got his one on one chance late in the first half and I thought here's your chance to show your instinct, dragged it wide and casually jogged away. It might seem extreme but I'd rather Sonny Cox played than Admiral, at least we know he cares.

Colesman Ballz

Poor first half but I think we were lacking confidence given the recent results. We grew into the game and were much improved in tthe second half.

James Scott's best game in a City shirt? I think so, although should have scored with his first half header near the end.

Admiral Muskwe, Premier League? You have to be fooking joking. He does nothing other than stand around, normally in an offside position. He got his one on one chance late in the first half and I thought here's your chance to show your instinct, dragged it wide and casually jogged away. It might seem extreme but I'd rather Sonny Cox played than Admiral, at least we know he cares.
Ben Seymour now on 7 goals this season. Just saying like ! :)

TotnesGrecian

Spoonz Red E

Ben Seymour now on 7 goals this season. Just saying like ! :)
I'm still following Ben with interest.
He was a good academy player (good enough to be offered the 9 shirt) who somehow didn't click in our first team.
No disputing he had to be let go then but I've always felt there's more to him.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Ryan shall restore amends.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
The first half was similar to last week in a lack of confidence and cohesion, especially off the ball, but did have a bit more intent in patches. I actually thought Scott put a decent shift in and got himself a few attempts on goal. The header before half time he was waiting for it to drop over the defender and didn't quite time it as he would have liked. Muskwe is clearly struggling and should have scored his chance before half time. The one time he did link up play well lead to Scott's chance and that whole move was a glimpse of what we were doing well early in the season.

Going one down to a poor goal again on the run we are on could easily have been an excuse for the players to throw the towel in and think here we go again but they didn't. I thought they showed the right fight and desire to get back into the game. The substitutions certainly helped. Carroll gave us a bit more control with the ball, Yan gave us some drive and impetus.

The turning point, as well as the Lincoln miss, was switching Demi and Harps. I thought Demi, by his standards, was having a quiet game on the left and Harps looking out of sorts on the right. The switch certainly brought both into the game more, especially Demi. The assist was classic wing play and a classic midfielder goal, ghosting into space to hear in by Trev. Demi then should have won it. I don't blame him for shooting as the far post was wide open but he didn't connect properly with the shot. Instead of curling it in, it just went straight on. A slight miss hit.

I thought Cole put everything into the game and didn't mind him and Sweenz having a go. They both wanted better and there is nothing wrong with that. The downside is Cole and Aitcheson both picking up injuries and Vinny looked in some distress at the end walking of with the physio.

In the end, a hard fought point. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. The players need to use it as a stepping stone to better.
I think this is a fair assessment of the game and how I saw it as well. Wildschut made a big difference when he came on which was good to see as well. As you have said the switch of Harper and Mitchell was the key and in truth should have won us the game once Demi was put through. It was also a braver move from GC then many may think as it then meant that Hartridge and Harper were on the same side both with a yellow card, which on a couple of occasions meant that neither of them could 'end' the counter attack for fear of getting a 2nd yellow!

Fair play to the players and GC in getting a point today and hopefully we can now build on this.

Spoonz Red E

So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Ryan shall restore amends.
Thank you good fellow ...

Not as before when Lincoln green
the Globe was to deliver,
Defending head deceived,
Aims on and Will was all a quiver.

CityTillIDie

Had to leave early to go to work and missed the goal oh well up the city! However got stopped trying to walk to work through red square asking for a ticket saying I can’t walk through it
One of the reasons I didn't go today,,treated like a criminal last home match. Twats
I had to start work at 5 so left 15 mins early (missed the goal) and a steward wouldn’t let me walk to town past the club shop without showing my ticket?! Absolute joke! Can walk through there on any day of the week! Was not happy absolute overkill no need for it.

Mid Devon Grecian

Had to leave early to go to work and missed the goal oh well up the city! However got stopped trying to walk to work through red square asking for a ticket saying I can’t walk through it
I had to start work at 5 so left 15 mins early (missed the goal) and a steward wouldn’t let me walk to town past the club shop without showing my ticket?! Absolute joke! Can walk through there on any day of the week! Was not happy absolute overkill no need for it.
Wasn’t there some changes to stewarding announced a few weeks back? Something related to us getting an increased capacity because of presumably stricter security.

Think I’d rather stay with current capacity if they’re just going to p**s people off.