• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it really all doom and gloom?

FAN-TATIC

But we don't pay to watch other Exewebbers perform.

I could interpret what Liam as saying as "it's okay if I'm mediocre, I'll still have my job".

Liam has also blocked the @exemsg account from following him.
On the other hand Hants, Liam is not posting behind a pseudonym.

Pobbop

This is what Liam thinks of you
I agree with him. c'mon Liam, never been the biggest fan, but hope you have a storming season now. This place has long since stopped being a "supporters" site IMHO.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
This place has long since stopped being a "supporters" site IMHO.
Yeah this place would be fantastic if everybody was posting how Sercombe was world class and such a fantastic footballer all of the time, he has been dire for the last couple of years, the guy has been a passenger, he obviously has ability however it is about time he started utilising it on a regular basis rather than squealing like a person whenever he is on the end of a little bit of criticism, if he does not enjoy being a footballer maybe he should get another job.

This site is for people to air their opinions, whatever they may be (within reason), if you don't like it don't bother with it, it is pretty simple really.

Last edited:

robchave

Is this really what passes for debate on Exeweb these days?

And, whilst you are of course entitled to your opinion about the ability of any player, is it really the way a 'supporter' would motivate 'one of our own' just three days before the start of the season?

Last edited by a moderator:

FAN-TATIC

This site is for people to air their opinions, whatever they may be (within reason), if you don't like it don't bother with it, it is pretty simple really.
Bit like Twitter and Facebook then Missy, is it not?

Grecian_Jay

Is this really what passes for debate on Exeweb these days?

And, whilst you are of course entitled to your opinion about the ability of any player, is it really the way a 'supporter' would motivate 'one of our own' just three days before the start of the season?
I have no interest in motivating him or the team. I want him to fail as a footballer and end up working in Tesco and I want Tisdale out of a job as quickyl as possible so I can get back to being a supporter.

Until this time then I will carry on as I am thanks.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
ay a 'supporter' would motivate 'one of our own' just three days before the start of the season?
It's not my job to motivate the players. Though we're all here as City supporters and want the team to do well. To be honest I thought I'd written a supportive but critical piece on Liam. For example, "if Sercombe delivers on his potential this season then the Grecians will no doubt progress".

Its interesting reading his Twitter timeline. He has a reputation of being a bit arrogant at the Cat & Fiddle, and also seems to have a huge ego that fawning fans seem to massage on a regular basis on Twitter - any positive comments he'll RT, more so than any other player.

LOG

Its interesting reading his Twitter timeline. He has a reputation of being a bit arrogant at the Cat & Fiddle, and also seems to have a huge ego that fawning fans seem to massage on a regular basis on Twitter - any positive comments he'll RT, more so than any other player.
That should help smooth things over :)

wemissmoxey

Bit like Twitter and Facebook then Missy, is it not?
I'm amazed that you don't see the difference Fanny, Sercombe is supposed to be representing ECFC and those above him at the club.

Just as an example: Say a designer for some large brand produces something that does not go down well and customers criticise it, I very much doubt he or she heads off to the likes of Tw*tter slagging customers off saying they are clueless fools etc etc, if they did I'm pretty sure they would either be sacked or strongly disciplined.

At the end of the day Sercombe is an employee of a company that many people on here (Exeweb) have put a fair bit of money and time into, to have him gobbing off on a regular basis is embarrassing for ECFC, the fact that nobody at the club appears to care speaks volumes.

malcolms

I'm amazed that you don't see the difference Fanny, Sercombe is supposed to be representing ECFC and those above him at the club.

Just as an example: Say a designer for some large brand produces something that does not go down well and customers criticise it, I very much doubt he or she heads off to the likes of Tw*tter slagging customers off saying they are clueless fools etc etc, if they did I'm pretty sure they would either be sacked or strongly disciplined.

At the end of the day Sercombe is an employee of a company that many people on here (Exeweb) have put a fair bit of money and time into, to have him gobbing off on a regular basis is embarrassing for ECFC, the fact that nobody at the club appears to care speaks volumes.
Anyone remember when Gerald Ratner said his product was crap and the people who bought it were clearly too stupid to realise?....Sound familiar?.....

Ratners went out of business soon after.............

Last edited: