• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Inevitable after GC subbed him IMO. He'd made his mind up on him, he doesn't have the legs to play in that system.

Great player for us and vital in that promotion side. Harrogate was when I started to believe.

It's a shame but he should get a really decent League 2 team as he's one of the best at what he does at that level - and I do think he could still do it in L1 in the right side.

ryancooper327

No mention of GC in his thank you post.

andrew p long

A real shame. I echo what the likes of FBH and Max have said.

The easy thing in management is to say someone isn't good enough and to get rid. The challenge is to either make the player better or to find someone else who is better. Caldwell didn't do the former but has done the latter.

I'm really disappointed to lose for free a player with so much talent. The perfect outcome would have been to find a role that suited Jack better than the one where his (lack of) pace and defensive skills were exposed at League One level. There should be a number of league Two clubs interested ,including those where former City team mates can urge their manager to go and get Jack.

andrew p long

I expect he has something lined up. His defensive frailties were obviously highlighted this year but I think he still had enough about him to be a squad player. One of the few players we have who has a bit of attitude about him as well.

One more player to replace which is a pain.

Good luck for the future I will miss those exaggerated falls in the box and that lovely left foot.
agreed, save whether he has something lined up. The way I read the material is that Caldwell has decided told him he is being released and Jack wanted a decent goodbye tomorrow.

grecIAN Harris

Sad to see Jacko go and will always remember Harrogate but football, just like time, moves on. We've progressed and unfortunately, for whatever reason, Jack hasn't quite managed to keep pace. He should still make a decent career for himself in League 2. If he could find himself a position that doesn't expose his lack of pace quite so much would benefit him, maybe moving inside as he has a good touch and is able to move the ball around well. Good luck Jack wherever football may lead you.

andrew p long

Thread merger incoming ?
Why start now? This is the 6th current thread with the title 'Jack Sparkes' - 7th if you also count 'Jack Sparkes and the 1931 Fund'.

:rolleyes:

manc grecian

Don't reckon he's on his Christmas card list

fred binneys head

Jack said in his interview that he hoped we would remember him as a good person who always gave his all.

YES, WE DO. Top lad, I hope he gets a goal tomorrow.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jack said in his interview that he hoped we would remember him as a good person who always gave his all.

Totally agree. Aside from the Harrogate goal, one moment that will stick in my memory was him telling Stanno he deserved that after he'd finally scored in front of the Bank.

manc grecian

Going to win about 8-0 if everyone we want to score gets a goal.