• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

A better player than any of us could ever hope to be. Thanks for your service Jack & best of luck for your future.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve always been a fan of his, and with a bit of luck with injuries and a different team set up could go on to have a decent career. Let’s hope so

Average Joe

He's been awesome! As much as I love keeping home grown players to push forward we have to let some go.

Jay and Sparks needed to go, most likely on good wages and it frees up some funds for GC.

Cowshed Grecian

As much as I've always liked Jack, and he had a great season last season in the promo side. It shows me how much this club is progressing, I’m convinced GC sees us as being a Top half L1 side. Unfortunately lads like Jack and Matt Jay are collateral damage as we progress. I’m disappointed he’s not staying, but can see the reasons why he’s being released. I’ve got a funny feeling he might end up at Colchester with MJ.

Colesman Ballz

As much as I've always liked Jack, and he had a great season last season in the promo side. It shows me how much this club is progressing, I’m convinced GC sees us as being a Top half L1 side. Unfortunately lads like Jack and Matt Jay are collateral damage as we progress. I’m disappointed he’s not staying, but can see the reasons why he’s being released. I’ve got a funny feeling he might end up at Colchester with MJ.
I hope he doesn't end up there, MJ seems to be spending most of his time on the bench !

Exehausted

I was told today that there is a lot of interest in Jack. Shrewsbury, Stockport and Wrexham, to name three. If the interest turns into offers I think the best one would be Wrexham. I'm sure they will go up again next season and be top end of League 1 in 24/25.

Colesman Ballz

One would hope that we have at least offered him a new contract and therefore be entitled to receive compensation ?

Exehausted

One would hope that we have at least offered him a new contract and therefore be entitled to receive compensation ?
Apparently not. Again, only from what I've been told, he goes on a free.

manc grecian

Doesn't that contract have to be equal or better to what he was on? Maybe that's the issue.

Rosencrantz

It's a difficult situation and I think we have been fair with Jack. It gives him the choice and will encourage more offers for him to choose from. I know you can argue about duty of care to the club but there needs to be duty of care to the player as well. Especially for someone who has given good service and is obviously being seen as a squad player next season. I hope Jack goes and finds a position that brings the best out of him.