• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The prospect of playing alongside James Scott was too good to turn down!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t toy with us Snoop. How do you know this?
Someone who works at the club told me.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone who works at the club told me.
Agent Andy or the Chef ?

Grecian Max

I'd think there will be plenty of clubs would sign him right now regardless of trial outcome. It's probably our holier than thou brigade who wouldn't if the result was 'wrong' in their eyes.
I'd be interested to know is in this "holier than thou" brigade... I reckon very few. Vast majority of City fans want to see him turn out for us, including myself.

The club/trust made the decision, based off of the very values you purport to have as a "community club"... If it was a private entity like Argyle he'd be on the pitch IMO.

If you isolate the reasoning, it's easy to understand why the club had to go down the route they did, they painted themselves into a corner.

Confused individual.

Grecian Max

ECFC and Brown have the agreement in place. So long as he's not locked up he'll be with us next season.
Will believe it when I see it, that would genuinely put us among the play off dark horses next year IMO (within reason)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd think there will be plenty of clubs would sign him right now regardless of trial outcome. It's probably our holier than thou brigade who wouldn't if the result was 'wrong' in their eyes.
Nonsense. Please point me in the direction of a single player, anywhere in the UK, who has been announced as signing a new contract while awaiting trial on an assault charge.

That aside, it's all very well to mock but, assuming Snoop is correct [and he seems pretty confident], it appears the club are not, as you suggest, 'holier than thou' but intent on offering Jevani a new contract, as and when the timing is right.

Furthermore, if he goes onto sign it, that would suggest that, unlike you, Jevani is very appreciative of the support he's received from the club throughout this process.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Nonsense. Please point me in the direction of a single player, anywhere in the UK, who has been announced as signing a new contract while awaiting trial on an assault charge.

That aside, it's all very well to mock but, assuming Snoop is correct [and he seems pretty confident], it seems the club are not, as you suggest, 'holier than thou' but intent on offering Jevani a new contract, as and when the timing is right.

Furthermore, if he goes onto sign it, that would suggest that, unlike you, he's very appreciative of the support he's received from the club throughout this process.
It may also go back to something I said before all of Jevani's problems started. He is happy here. He is, without doubt, playing the best football of his life and it's taken until he 28 to get there. Maybe, finally, he has found somewhere to put down his footballing roots. Ally that with what you are suggesting rounds up to a very good package for Jevani.

Grecian Max

Geoff: “Why won’t this community club play someone who is on trial for assault against a woman, whilst Her Game Too is on the adboard in the background?? You are all puritans”

Also Geoff:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will believe it when I see it, that would genuinely put us among the play off dark horses next year IMO (within reason)
Yep, until he puts pen to paper anything can happen but it's certainly sounds positive.

geoffwp

That aside, it's all very well to mock but, assuming Snoop is correct [and he seems pretty confident], it appears the club are not, as you suggest, 'holier than thou' but intent on offering Jevani a new contract, as and when the timing is right.

Furthermore, if he goes onto sign it, that would suggest that, unlike you, Jevani is very appreciative of the support he's received from the club throughout this process.
Hogwash.