• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that if anyone working for anything other than a very small organisation who was in a customer facing/representing the organisation role who faced such a charge would be suspended on full pay pending the outcome of criminal proceedings. This is is what has happened to Jevani. This is known as "acting in the proper manner" and looking for wriggle room is futile

Grecianman135

Difference is that the manager just wouldn't pick the rubbish full back but would pick Jevani

Surely the club know how he will plead? If he is going to plead not guilty and go to trial then he can play as he's innocent until proven guilty
Personally guilty or not,the club are doing the right thing no matter how desperate we are for him back,imagine the potential backlash should we of played Jev? sponsors potentially being put off knowing we're playing a potential criminal etc...

We pride ourselves on being a community and family club and for us to play a "potentially" guilty man convicted of assault would have done our stock no good, remember Danny Coles dismissal after some of the comments he made? we took the same stance and distanced ourselves from it,and rightly so and took relevant measures as a club to protect our reputation and not playing Brown is the right thing for the club right now, I know what Coles said and what Brown (might) have done are different but we protected ourselves then and are so now.

If he's innocent then we go again and hopefully he can kick on to where he left off after protecting"our business" that's what's more important.

SDRighton

I'd just play him

wiveygrecian

Personally guilty or not,the club are doing the right thing no matter how desperate we are for him back,imagine the potential backlash should we of played Jev? sponsors potentially being put off knowing we're playing a potential criminal etc...

We pride ourselves on being a community and family club and for us to play a "potentially" guilty man convicted of assault would have done our stock no good, remember Danny Coles dismissal after some of the comments he made? we took the same stance and distanced ourselves from it,and rightly so and took relevant measures as a club to protect our reputation and not playing Brown is the right thing for the club right now, I know what Coles said and what Brown (might) have done are different but we protected ourselves then and are so now.

If he's innocent then we go again and hopefully he can kick on to where he left off after protecting"our business" that's what's more important.
Can’t agree I’m afraid just play him . Your in the minority on here .

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he is in the minority, poll anyone?!

Brown is our best player and we miss him greatly but there are bigger things than football and we do need to do the right thing and unfortunately I think not playing Brown is the right thing currently.

wiveygrecian

I don't think he is in the minority, poll anyone?!

Brown is our best player and we miss him greatly but there are bigger things than football and we do need to do the right thing and unfortunately I think not playing Brown is the right thing currently.
Fair enough that’s your view , I think playing Brown is the right thing to do currently.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think we are a minority.

In the circumstances I think a poll would be wrong.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think so.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please can you all stop this. It is NOT helping the club or anyone else.

J

Reactions: WXF

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think we are a minority.

In the circumstances I think a poll would be wrong.
I know, was only joking.