• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Imagined players that were not match fit would gradually gain time on the pitch to bring them up to speed.

Wildshutt has hardly played for weeks and yet he got a start today.

Red Monster

We’ve scored 25 goals in 34 matches that bloody depressing .

Bridgy 81

True, but we’re still 14th in League One.
That’s not too bad for us over our entire history 🙂

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only 23 since 3.05pm on the first day of the season.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh come on! That isn't the first poor performance in quite some time at all. Stop being fooled by scraping deflected goals against crap opposition.
I’m not saying we’ve been in scintillating form but we have, for the most part, played pretty well lately and that’s shown in the results.

And who are the crap opposition we’ve scraped deflected goals against?

Mid Devon Grecian

True, but we’re still 14th in League One.
That’s not too bad for us over our entire history 🙂
I think we need to move our mindset to a progressive outlook. The past was full of financial woes and lack of investment culminating in a near death experience.

We’ve come so far, stabilised and now investing rather than just existing. I think it’s realistic that our expectations should be higher i.e. comfortable existence in Lg1 should be a basic expectation.

jase 07

You’re over reacting. It was cagey, two very similar sides with very few chances created. Our defence looked pretty sound, we hit the bar, there were moments where we looked a bit like the City before Christmas but also the more recent, direct, attacking city. Funny game
Pretty much how I saw the game today 👍

JGrecian23

I’m not saying we’ve been in scintillating form but we have, for the most part, played pretty well lately and that’s shown in the results.

And who are the crap opposition we’ve scraped deflected goals against?
For the millionth time a positive result does not automatically mean good performance.

Peterborough the first half was as as bad as I've seen. We did not win that game because we played well. 10 men changed it and both goals were lucky as anything. No agenda, just a fact.

We didn't play well against Carlisle, they were just awful. It has horrible to watch.

Cambridge was 0-0 and celebrated on here by some as the result of the season.

Won't comment on the away performances, as haven't been other than Reading. Barnsley by all accounts we were Brazil from 1970 so fair play.

Our home performances have been pathetic. None of it has been enjoyable. If you call that playing well then crack on and lap it up.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peterborough the first half was as as bad as I've seen. We did not win that game because we played well. 10 men changed it and both goals were lucky as anything. No agenda, just a fact.

We didn't play well against Carlisle, they were just awful. It has horrible to watch.

Cambridge was 0-0 and celebrated on here by some as the result of the season.

Won't comment on the away performances, as haven't been other than Reading. Barnsley by all accounts we were Brazil from 1970 so fair play.

Our home performances have been pathetic. None of it has been enjoyable. If you call that playing well then crack on and lap it up.
So if I am to take your original post literally, Peterborough are a crap team then? I agree we were poor first half, but even before the sending off, we played better in the second half and then did what was required to get a good win.

Carlisle was one of those games where we played ok, but got the result.

Barnsley we were very good and we played really well at Bristol Rovers in shocking conditions, would you agree? And from what I can tell, we played some good stuff at Wigan who would be on the cusp of the play offs if it wasn’t for the points deduction.

No don’t get me wrong, I was definitely in the Gary out camp for weeks but if you can’t see that we’ve improved performance and results wise since Christmas then you’re either ignorant or just a wind up.

As I said, today seems like the first really poor performance for a while so I’m not going to lose my shit on here like some because of that. Yes, I agree, the home form hasn’t been good enough overall, but to say none of it has been enjoyable is wrong IMO. That said, we HAVE to do better next week and should we lose, I’ll be ****** off.

JGrecian23

So if I am to take your original post literally, Peterborough are a crap team then? I agree we were poor first half, but even before the sending off, we played better in the second half and then did what was required to get a good win.

Carlisle was one of those games where we played ok, but got the result.

Barnsley we were very good and we played really well at Bristol Rovers in shocking conditions, would you agree? And from what I can tell, we played some good stuff at Wigan who would be on the cusp of the play offs if it wasn’t for the points deduction.

No don’t get me wrong, I was definitely in the Gary out camp for weeks but if you can’t see that we’ve improved performance and results wise since Christmas then you’re either ignorant or just a wind up.

As I said, today seems like the first really poor performance for a while so I’m not going to lose my shit on here like some because of that. Yes, I agree, the home form hasn’t been good enough overall, but to say none of it has been enjoyable is wrong IMO. That said, we HAVE to do better next week and should we lose, I’ll be ****** off.
'Improved performances' from the worst possible base is hardly enough to warrant your claim thay we've played well recently. Going from a 1/10 to a 3/10 isn't success.

We are not going to agree on this one. You think the odd 1-0 win amongst utter dross is enteraining, I want more. No need to go round in circles.