• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Average Joe

MT is a decent football manager and a thoroughly pleasant person. The football we played that promotion season will stay with me. I hope he turns things around where he is.
No way, just because you have been a player and a successful manager does not mean I want him to do well with your nearest rivals in this league. I wish MT well, I really do.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
No way, just because you have been a player and a successful manager does not mean I want him to do well with your nearest rivals in this league. I wish MT well, I really do.
Your nearest rivals??

STURTZ

I'd dislike Rovers whoever their manager happened to be at the time. Awful club.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he'd stayed and completed a successful season in League One, he'd have had a lot more attractive offers at the end of it
Depends what you mean by success. If we finished outside the top 10, I'm not sure he'd be as hot a ticket as directly after a promotion

Grecian Max

So the problem at Rovers maybe not be KMT, but for a long period at City it was obviously Caldwell that was the problem?
Fair enough. 🙄
You’ve lost me

What’s your angle?

older-codger

You’ve lost me

What’s your angle?
Would have thought it was obvious! What Tavy is saying is that the manager was the responsible for our poor run of form (opinion of some) while the manager is not responsible for Rovers poor run.

Looks logical to me

geoffwp

Could you unscramble that please. You don't want him to do well, you wish him well???

geoffwp

I'd dislike Rovers whoever their manager happened to be at the time. Awful club.
I don't get this sturtz. I can understand if you were talking about the gargs but Bristol rovers? What's so bad about them? Just another club as far as I'm concerned. You got some personal history with the place?

STURTZ

What you need a valid reason to dislike a team these days? Cant stand Wallsall, Stevenage, Colchester, Portsmouth, Southend, Reading, Carlisle, Newport as well, don't know why, just do.

StudentGrecian

I loved KMT when he was here, just delighting in the irony now of his current club going in the opposite direction to ours when a few short weeks ago some on here were yearning for his return as our manager! 🤣
I don't get this view. Because some people thought Caldwell was a sh*t manager, you're delighting that a club legend is struggling? Strange take.