• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Move the cameras to the other side of the pitch!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now everything is digital, we dont need to run cables to cameras anymore. The trucks will park where they always do. The BBC built a commentary box for Lineker and Co on that side (against Man U) by the railway line. People around the world watch live league games at SJP on their lap tops, soon enough this will become a valuable revenue stream. it does matter, its embarassing!
Believe what you (and Pete by extension) are suggesting is not quite so daft imo and worth exploring further. 'Kerb appeal' is important - makes it more likely people buy into the club.

As you say, park the trucks where they've always parked, run fibre optic/co-ax cables across to the Doble, as they've always done. Then either run extension cables around the perimeter of the pitch, or for a permanent solution - during a pitch removal dig a trench and put a cable and conduit right across the pitch to hook up to whenever needed.

A camera sited right next to the Stanno would capture everything worth capturing, including the Bank in all its glory, and players running out etc.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
End of the day the camera position has been fine for numerous years and works , Why change when it aint broke !

PeteUSA

PLEASE dont mention the Gap . . . . . . . . All hail the blessed Gap.
Yeah, and as I recall, you were the first one to moan on here when it became clear during the construction phase, that the new stand would only reach as far as the centre circle. Its called running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, and as I recall, you were the first one to moan on here when it became clear during the construction phase, that the new stand would only reach as far as the centre circle. Its called running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.
Please show this , As I certainly dont remember really giving a to$$ about where the stand finished.

But I love the Gap ........................ All hail the Gap !

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an aside. The ignore option is a wonderful thing 🙂

iscalad

As an aside. The ignore option is a wonderful thing 🙂
Yeh, but not much fun if you miss Pate's ramblings.

Spoonz Red E

Isn't this problem going to sort itself out anyway with the multiple cameras promised in the new broadcast deal?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't this problem going to sort itself out anyway with the multiple cameras promised in the new broadcast deal?
Hopefully not the bedroom window of number 8 South View Terrace is one of the highlights of slow mo Iplayer option.

Grecian Max

Believe what you (and Pete by extension) are suggesting is not quite so daft imo and worth exploring further. 'Kerb appeal' is important
Agreed...

Really dislike the assertion that because something might not rank in the list of do-or-die priorities, makes it worthless

We as a club are miles beyond the old days of rusting signs and fag ends on a crumbling terrace; nostalgic as that is for us all

It's the front of house and increasingly part of our visual identity with live streams etc

I'd rank that sort of thing up there with the painting of railings, the smart signage, the little extras that all come together in a package

The camera position makes us look more small time than we actually are

Am I losing sleep over it, no. Do I think it's more important than resigning Woods, no.

Would it be an improvement to the club's brand... yes 100%

The club have done a fantastic job with the ground, the pitch and facilities - I mentioned before that on my recent trip to Swindon we are well ahead of them in terms of how we're set up, despite the stadium size differences

Show it off. The media team have been very savvy with this and it's just another piece to the puzzle IMO.

Grecian Max

Probably not as it'll just be cameras behind goals I'd imagine (and maybe a touchline one)

If anything that's surely a brilliant time to get this all reframed