• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch Inspection Friday Morning

If this game is off I will get dragged to Otter f*cking Nurseries by the missus so I suggest everyone gets a spade and a little heater and gets their asses down there now!
No............Better still Everyone pile down Otter and rip the **** out of young Jay! :p

Don't ask me what he looks like mind you.

FAN-TATIC

If this game is off I will get dragged to Otter f*cking Nurseries by the missus so I suggest everyone gets a spade and a little heater and gets their asses down there now!
Bloody hell Jay are you tailing me! Being dragged to ON is my big fear for Saturday.

Normally when home games are on, I play a round of golf in the morning with my mates, nip home have a quick snack, then off to the park for a sessions of "we are Exeter". The Golf Club's been closed since last Friday so..........

This Saturday is looking like yet ANOTHER stroll around Otter Nurseries or worst still a route march around the stores in Exeter with her in doors.

Someone please rescue me from this punishment!

Lister

The pitch inspection article has now gone, something being put up in its place?

Lister

This Saturday is looking like yet ANOTHER stroll around Otter Nurseries or worst still a route march around the stores in Exeter with her in doors.

Someone please rescue me from this punishment!
Say you'll put that shelf up you've been meaning to while she goes off shopping...

ecfctis

City must surely be wishing for some cash flow due to only one home game in a month. Any pitch inspection should have been conducted at 2.00 p.m. the warmest time of the day. Tranmere could have delayed their journey until after then. The match should be brought forward to a 2.00 p.m. kick-off, again to make use of the warmest time of the day, and also allow supporters day light hours to get home with snow still around. There is an expected thaw to occur which may mean the game is quite capable of being played. If the thaw does not happen then at least the club has done all in its power to keep the game on and get some gate receipts.
I do question some of the logistical decissions that are being made.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
City must surely be wishing for some cash flow due to only one home game in a month. Any pitch inspection should have been conducted at 2.00 p.m. the warmest time of the day. Tranmere could have delayed their journey until after then. The match should be brought forward to a 2.00 p.m. kick-off, again to make use of the warmest time of the day, and also allow supporters day light hours to get home with snow still around. There is an expected thaw to occur which may mean the game is quite capable of being played. If the thaw does not happen then at least the club has done all in its power to keep the game on and get some gate receipts.
Given how long it would probably take Tranmere to get down here, I suspect there is no way they could leave after 2 and still get to Exeter (or wherever they are staying) in time to get checked in, have a proper meal and get their requisite shut eye, let alone a training session that would often take place too after a long trip.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
What he said...

If we had a Chief Executive he'd have sorted out all this kind of stuff months ago. Maybe we should appoint one?

FAN-TATIC

Say you'll put that shelf up you've been meaning to while she goes off shopping...
Hey, I like you Lister. In return a tip I learnt 45 years ago, if she asks you to wipe the dishes, drop the first three, then she'll tell you to leave it alone and she'll do it herself! Worked for me!

FAN-TATIC

Hey, I like you Lister. In return a tip I learnt 45 years ago, if she asks you to wipe the dishes, drop the first three, then she'll tell you to leave it alone and she'll do it herself! Worked for me!
This bloody ref appears to be indecisive, if the game is on for Saturday it doesn't look good referee wise!

Lister

There is an expected thaw to occur which may mean the game is quite capable of being played. If the thaw does not happen then at least the club has done all in its power to keep the game on and get some gate receipts.
What if it will take 3 days for the pitch to thaw out?

Do you think a pitch is ready to use 1 hour after temps go above 0 degrees?