• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch Inspection Friday Morning

ecfctis

Tranmere are travelling to Exeter today so will need to know today to avoid extra costs. We wouldn't want to be travelling up there if the game was at risk.
The difference is that up north has had up to 500mm depth of snow and that will take more time to thaw. We have only had 30mm or so, so any thaw will have much quicker effect, and with the forecast of temperatures up to 6-8decC on Saturday, then the anticipated thaw may well be enough to allow the ground to have also thawed out sufficiently for play to go ahead.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
This is getting more tense than the World Cup announcement.
I presume we've remembered to bribe the right people this time.

davecg

The longer it takes the more chance we have will have a game tomorrow I would have thought.....

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
official site says confident game will go ahead if predicted temp increase is right

davecg

The decision is no decision, inspection again in the morning....

John William

I presume we've remembered to bribe the right people this time.
Tut, tut. As a spokesman for FIFA, may I explain that we don't use the word "bribe". We say "Agents fees" or "Commission" or "investment in grassroots facilities" or "support for local initiatives"...

OfficialECFC

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tut, tut. As a spokesman for FIFA, may I explain that we don't use the word "bribe". We say "Agents fees" or "Commission" or "investment in grassroots facilities" or "support for local initiatives"...
...or "complimentary handbags for delegates' wives".

John William

...or "complimentary handbags for delegates' wives".
You're learning!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
official site says confident game will go ahead if predicted temp increase is right

That's encouraging, let's hope the met office are right and the pitch thaws out in time.