• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro

JRFowler

Would not surprise me to see someone come in with a £200k deal for him, he is a useful addition to a league 1 club trying to move forward. He could play in the Championship if he improved at the present rate. Like him!
This, I couldn't believe he's only 24/25???!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The key for him is proving his fitness, as this has been the thing holding him back over the years - most clubs' fans where he has played previously have tended to say he's the business when he's actually on the pitch but this isn't very often.

However, since coming into the side he has played every (?) match. A consistent run over a couple of seasons should see him playing higher up once clubs have been convinced of his ability to stay fit.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ribeiro is one Bristol City connection which has worked out really well. Good work by Tisdale to get him signed on..Hope we can keep him on a 2-year contract

Antony Moxey

(rofl)

Rae, you are about as obvious as a sledgehammer coming through a window.

Regarding being in a rut, I'm doing very well thank you, successful business, purchased my own house in my 20's, great family etc etc, how are things at your end ?
You're not related to Rightwing by any chance are you?

LOG

Tully was p1$$ poor
I wouldn't go that far but i'd say he was functional, at best.

I appreciate that everyone has an opinion but i really can't agree that Tully was even close to being as good a full back as Ribs, never mind possibly better. Tully wasn't especially quick, he couldn't cross, he was often caught out of position and wasn't anything special in the air. Ribs trumps Tully in all of those attributes and whilst you couldn't fault his enthusiasm, that only compensates for so much.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tully lest we forget took a mean penalty and was a jolly nice chap too.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tully was fine. He coped ok at the level he played at.

I've seen worse right backs at city.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
And even worse left backs, step forward Mr. Power.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And even worse left backs, step forward Mr. Power.
I still think Power gets a very rough deal. Aside from the Dagenham FA Cup replay I never saw him have a bad game. When I think of players like Darren Hughes and his Toblerone-shaped boots that ensured any ball up the pitch was skewed out of play, Power was different class to that. Way better than Jeannin too. Admittedly we have been rather spoilt at left back in recent years (Friend, Moxey, Golbourne, also Woodman who I rate reasonably highly).

CC

I still think Power gets a very rough deal. Aside from the Dagenham FA Cup replay I never saw him have a bad game. When I think of players like Darren Hughes and his Toblerone-shaped boots that ensured any ball up the pitch was skewed out of play, Power was different class to that. Way better than Jeannin too. Admittedly we have been rather spoilt at left back in recent years (Friend, Moxey, Golbourne, also Woodman who I rate reasonably highly).
I always thought Power was fine until he had a bad injury (broke his leg ?) and when he came back he wasn't half as good and that's what gets remembered.