• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
or moore taylor or maybe buttercup with bennett dropping into c/b ?
Tis is loving Butterfields distribution from c/b so doubt he will move him. My money would be on Scot playing at right back but wouldn't be surprised to see us switch to a back 3 with any two from Davies, sercombe, Wheeler playing as wing backs.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is probably the best right back we have had since Hiley.

Certainly better than Tully and Amankwah.
Without a doubt foggy.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were Ribs to miss some games my guess would be reverting to the 3 centre backs with someone like Davies filling in at wing back. It would also allow JMT to return to the fold as the 3rd centre half.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sercombe did alright there when he switched, and has played there before.

grecianstew

I've always believed that Sercs has all the attributes required for a top notch Wing back and that it could / should be his best position.

IndoMike

I've always believed that Sercs has all the attributes required for a top notch Wing back and that it could / should be his best position.
I think Tisdale dabbled with that very briefly a couple of years ago. Could be worth a try, but then we would lose his energy in midfield

oxford don

Modern footballers even in the lower leagues shouldn’t have to play on **** pitches like Stevenages..especially in the 21st century. It was full of rutts and bumps and false ground…surely they must have a decent roller somewhere in Hertfordshire.

Always amazes me that you have to fulfil particularly requirements and prerequisites when you move up the tiers, like crowd facilities, changing, facilities, parking, policing etc … but seems you can subject the players to any old cow pasture to try and play on..

I appreciate pitches change seasonally but seriously the FA should look into some of these so called football pitches and be much more stringent with their requirements.

Must admit, on reflection the way he was hobbling looked like an ankle had given way.

Avening Posse

Is there any news on Ribeiro yet ?, very concerned he looked far from okay at Stevenage

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was an awful pitch. Wouldn't be surprised if that was part of Stevenage's plan to stop our proper chaps playing proper football.

If I've said it once I've said it 100 times - let's astroturf the nation!

Well-known Exeweb poster
theres no doubt in my mind they didnt roller the pitch to help stop/ break up our passing game as did warrington.