• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So it could of been Burnley at home!

Cygnus

I was so hoping MK Dons got a really poor draw today, but when they came out the hat at home to Premier League, Burnley it made our defeat feel even worse, That would have been a sell out and a team I'd fancy our chances against too. Hard to take, after the game was there for the taking yesterday at 3-1! The players must be feeling sick, but hopefully they will learn from the late capitulation and put things right in the league, starting on Tuesday at Bristol Rovers.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: So it could HAVE been Burnley at home!

n/t............

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please ignore this post - bloody editing tool!

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we'd have won yesterday then, I believe, we'd have been a different number to MKD in the draw and even if that wasn't the case there's no more reason to believe we'd have drawn Burnley than Manchester United or any other team left in the competition.

Yeovilgrecian

If we'd have won yesterday then, I believe, we'd have been a different number to MKD in the draw
We would have been the same number as MK Dons as it goes on the draw from the previous round and not alphabetically as it is for the top two divisions. That said it was a sh*t draw, would not have sold out and made me feel a lot better!

arthur

We would have been the same number as MK Dons as it goes on the draw from the previous round and not alphabetically as it is for the top two divisions. That said it was a sh*t draw, would not have sold out and made me feel a lot better!
Agree - c6500 and we'd have lost; a nice bit of extra dosh but nothing dramatic to get upset about not having

Oli

If we'd have won yesterday then, I believe, we'd have been a different number to MKD in the draw and even if that wasn't the case there's no more reason to believe we'd have drawn Burnley than Manchester United or any other team left in the competition.
Then think again.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
couldnt give a monkeys. points in the league are far more important, the fa cup is a minor distraction, nothing more. move on

whacker

If yesterday's result had been different, then history would have changed and today's draw would have been almost entirely different - we could have drawn absolutely anybody!!

We are out of the competition, so why even think about who we would have been playing??

Poultice

If yesterday's result had been different, then history would have changed and today's draw would have been almost entirely different - we could have drawn absolutely anybody!!

We are out of the competition, so why even think about who we would have been playing??
So you think whoever put the balls in the bag or the girlie what tipped them out would have done it differently if we had won, hmmmmmm !

I am thinking about it cos I love football and more particularly any aspect of football even loosely connected to my club, if you are that disinterested why post on the thread ?