• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So it could of been Burnley at home!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
couldnt give a monkeys. points in the league are far more important, the fa cup is a minor distraction, nothing more. move on

It might be viewed by some as a "minor distraction" now, but many consider that it was a lifeline thrown to us when we drew Manchester United. I dont think we'd have been in existance now if it hadnt been for our luck in getting a trip to OT and a return match, plus TV coverage and the exposure that went with it.

To whoever thinks that "it doesnt matter, it would only have been Burnley" front, we couldnt have wished for a better tie, outside of the big three. They are a club steeped in big time history, with a fanatical following. SJP would have been a sell-out, and we might just have beaten them, or at least made more money with a sell-out replay at Turf Moor.

We f*cked up on saturday, we really did, no matter how anybody cares to view it.

TimG

i am really not to bothered about burnley. If it had been one of the big four or argyle i would have been absolutly gutted but tbh burnley are ont that bigger club and it is proberly a team that would have just beat us easily

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, I would of enjoyed going to burnley, would of been a good day out, and know a few fans and often had a chat with them.

It is a very sad shame that we couldn't of held to our two goal lead, I will always look at it as a rare oppertunity missed

Tada

Antony Moxey

SJP would have been a sell-out, and we might just have beaten them, or at least made more money with a sell-out replay at Turf Moor.

We f*cked up on saturday, we really did, no matter how anybody cares to view it.
Agree with the final sentence, but not the rest.

Burnley isn't a glamour tie, despite their history, so I'm not sure it'd have been a sell out. Nor would a replay I suspect either. One thing regarding the MU game though - that was 65000 people plus a live replay, we'd have had neither had we played Burnley so the cash would only have been a fraction what we received from the MU games.

I imagine.

mammooman

It's a pity. I was so gutted on Saturday, especially after the scoreline at one point, I would have loved a cup run...but I've reached the 'sod it and get on with it' stage now. Onwards to Tuesday!

PeteUSA

Burnley isn't a glamour tie, despite their history, so I'm not sure it'd have been a sell out. Nor would a replay I suspect either. One thing regarding the MU game though - that was 65000 people plus a live replay, we'd have had neither had we played Burnley so the cash would only have been a fraction what we received from the MU games.
Antony, I agree in general re: your observations, but if we'd beaten Burnley (a result nobody could rule out), a proper plum tie might have been ours in the draw after that!

Who knows...

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Who knows...
Agreed

Tada

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The facts are, as i said elsewhere. It wouldn't have been a sellout, it wouldn't have been shown on telly, the club doesn't budget for cup runs (luckily), we lost. Time to move on, or are we gonna get to May, crying and blubbing saying that could have been us in the final.

Funnily enough, they do the FA Cup every year, so we can look at it again next season and hope we fair better.

Move along now please, nothing to see here anymore

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Exactly what the post above says! ;)

Borat

Sort it out facupthorpe :mad: :mad: :mad: